Program's picture
Program from California is reading Essays of E.B. White December 6, 2012 - 10:21am

I was reminded the other day of a game I used to play with my friends.  The objective was to come up with some random last words by random people.  They could either be completely imaginary or in reference to some ones death, for example;

"My dad never leaves his gun loaded." or

"The label said take 2 for results in 4 hours, so I took 8 for a result in 1.  Are you guys cold?"

The winner was the person with the least obvious last words, but everyone wins when we're laughing at death.  What are your not-so famous last words?

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading Wanderers by Chuck Wendig December 6, 2012 - 10:31am

farfegnugen!

jyh's picture
jyh from VA is reading whatever he feels like December 6, 2012 - 10:44am

Heard while camping: "Probably just a deer."

fport's picture
fport from Canada is reading The World Until Yesterday - Jared Diamond December 6, 2012 - 11:11am

not last words,

"We always take a fat guy camping."

Boone Spaulding's picture
Boone Spaulding from Coldwater, Michigan, U.S.A. is reading Solarcide Presents: Nova Parade December 6, 2012 - 12:28pm

"I drive better when I've been drinking."

Program's picture
Program from California is reading Essays of E.B. White December 6, 2012 - 12:33pm

Heard in Pamplona:  "If you stand still, they can't see you."

Courtney's picture
Courtney from the Midwest is reading Monkey: A Journey to the West and a thousand college textbooks December 6, 2012 - 12:40pm

"Here, hold this while I take a leak." -- forgetful plane-jumper who passed his parachute to a friend.

Ian's picture
Ian from Texas is reading Low Down Death Right Easy by J. David Osborne December 6, 2012 - 1:09pm

"It's the red one, right?"

jyh's picture
jyh from VA is reading whatever he feels like December 6, 2012 - 1:59pm

"Oh, so you think you can tie me to a chair, stick a knife to my throat, and I'll tell you what you want to know? Fuck you, bitch."

Program's picture
Program from California is reading Essays of E.B. White December 6, 2012 - 2:19pm

^hahaha they all made me chuckle but that last one got me.  Here's my paraphrase.

"She won't."

GG_Silverman's picture
GG_Silverman from Seattle December 6, 2012 - 5:27pm

"Blowfish?"

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch December 8, 2012 - 12:23pm

"What's in the anesthetic, propofol? Are there going to be side effects?"

rebelbagwan's picture
rebelbagwan from Queensland December 8, 2012 - 2:29pm

"See you in hell for breakfast, boys!' cowboy gunslinger, just before getting the noose, always admired his bravado.

jyh's picture
jyh from VA is reading whatever he feels like February 19, 2013 - 7:33pm

Good ad. If I wanted to spend money on an iPhone, I'd probably also be totally willing to spend even more money on increasing the number of "people" who follow my instagram account.

fport's picture
fport from Canada is reading The World Until Yesterday - Jared Diamond February 23, 2013 - 9:28am

J.Y. I'm thinking that the front doors need to be battened down. Really, several ad bots have slipped their leashes and made it inside lit. Maybe a captcha like rockets-register could be added.

jyh's picture
jyh from VA is reading whatever he feels like February 20, 2013 - 1:46pm

They might even be "real people."

Jose F. Diaz's picture
Jose F. Diaz from Boston is reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel February 20, 2013 - 2:20pm

"Now is not the time for making enemies."

Voltaire on his deathbed when asked to repent by a priest. (At least that's the story.)

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch February 20, 2013 - 2:59pm

"I will be tweeting this to my followers" could be, or should be, (non)famous last words!

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated February 20, 2013 - 4:09pm

"He'd never really hurt me."

angelic007's picture
angelic007 from Washington is reading Possessed February 20, 2013 - 4:54pm

"Oh shit." Elvis. He died on a toilet.

Stephen_Inf's picture
Stephen_Inf from Illinois is reading Whiskey Tango Foxtrot February 20, 2013 - 5:26pm

"Your daughter's a pretty good kisser."

-some unfortunate teenage boy, about 13 (hopefully more like 17) years from now

Erasmus's picture
Erasmus from Ingurlund is reading Revelation Space February 21, 2013 - 7:58am

"Watch this!"

Stratton's picture
Stratton from Phoenix February 21, 2013 - 8:23am

"Nobody calls me chicken."

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch February 23, 2013 - 9:56am

"The GPS says there's a road here."

Gordon Highland's picture
Gordon Highland from Kansas City is reading Secondhand Souls by Christopher Moore February 24, 2013 - 12:31pm

"I choose hunga-bunga."  (Remember that old joke?)

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch February 24, 2013 - 12:57pm

Haha! I remember that joke.

B.A.Scanlan's picture
B.A.Scanlan from Australia is reading Martian Time-Slip March 2, 2013 - 11:44pm

'I wonder what this button does...'

Ian's picture
Ian from Texas is reading Low Down Death Right Easy by J. David Osborne March 3, 2013 - 1:21pm

"But I love _____."

fport's picture
fport from Canada is reading The World Until Yesterday - Jared Diamond March 4, 2013 - 8:30am

"Then you just set this like..."

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch March 4, 2013 - 4:52pm

Make sure the bear is in the frame!

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 7, 2013 - 7:53am

For laughs: "Dude, they're just like house cats, only bigger. Trust me!"

Seriously: My grandpa died last fall from a stroke that followed a heart attack. The last interaction he had with us before slipping into a coma for a day then passing away, was in response to me squeezing his hand and telling him if he was suffering he was free to go. He lifted the other hand and gave that universal OK sign. It still makes me cry to think about him, but that was perhaps the single coolest thing I have ever seen in relation to dying.

dattamante's picture
dattamante from New Jersey is reading The Shining by Stephen King March 22, 2013 - 3:47pm

Saw a quote in the news a month or two back where a guy asked, "What are you gonna do, stab me?"

He got stabbed.

Nick Wilczynski's picture
Nick Wilczynski from Greensboro, NC is reading A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin March 24, 2013 - 2:16am

@diaz: He wasn't asked to repent, that was in response to the priest asking him to renounce Satan.

"She won't mind."

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 25, 2013 - 12:17pm

Didn't read it.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 25, 2013 - 2:58pm

"Do the exit lights have battery back up?"