SonicDrift's picture
SonicDrift from Aylesbury, England is reading The Necronomicon by HP Lovecraft February 29, 2012 - 9:46am

Hello. I thought it only fair to warn everyone here that I will be lurking here for a while. It may be a long while or it may only be a short period, who knows? I will be reading into and analysing what you say and if you are lucky enough, I may just throw out a comment or two. My comments range from sarcastic to... no that is pretty much it. Unless I wish to drag out my inferiority complex. Which happens quite a lot to be fair. Or it would if I had the vocabulary to express it.

Anyway, enough of that. I like writing stuff here and there when I don't have my head in a book or a comic but as that is most of the time I don't really write as much as I would like to. I have been told in the past by that my writing style is a lot like someone who uses too many adjectives and I could stand to be a bit less pretencious (I asked for criticism and my friends delivered, knowing how much I cannot abide sycophants) so I will, at some point be looking at some of the tips sections and classes and stuff so that one day I can be a real boy.

As previously mentioned, I am always reading something and as I work in a comic store I am never far from something new should I every run out of reading material. I will read just about anything. If I had to choose a favourite genre, I would probably say science fiction or fantasy because that is what I grew up reading and is always a good fallback if I ever get bored but Other than that I am pretty easy going and I usually welcome recommendations unless it is from the missus as she has appalling taste.

There isn't much else to say about myself as I lead a pretty mundane existence so you have nothing to fear from me but just remember, I am watching you.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 29, 2012 - 9:53am

Welcome!  I like being watched.  It's fine.

Enjoy your stay.

Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz February 29, 2012 - 10:07am

Avery does like being watched.

She also feels the whole name thing is her area. And she throws blanket shut-ups around.

So make yourself as lurky and comfortable as possible. What are some of your favorite Fantasy and Sci-Fi books?

Utah should be along soon to tell you that Dave will be along soon to properly welcome you.

Profunda Saint-Sylvain's picture
Profunda Saint-... from Calgary, AB is reading Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy Series February 29, 2012 - 10:09am

Hello! Have you read the Archie Meets KISS comics yet? I assume that's your top choice, since it sounds like the best fantasy ever.

Sarcastic comments are always welcome here.

SonicDrift's picture
SonicDrift from Aylesbury, England is reading The Necronomicon by HP Lovecraft February 29, 2012 - 10:27am

Favourite sci-fi and fantasy? War of the Worlds is one of my favourite stories of all time. I like stuff from around that time period because when I tell people I have read it, it makes me seem more intellectual than I actually am. The stuff I enjoy usually falls into the categories of "what other people think of as classics, contemporary or otherwise" or so trashy people ask, "Why the hell are you reading that?" Low-brow, spinner rack in the back corner of the newsy kind of trash.

Fantasy wise I like Raymond Feist, Robert Jordan, George RR Martin, Brandon Sanderson.

I also dig into adventure / thriller stuff like Clive Cussler and Andy McDermott occassionally.

No I haven't read Archie Meets Kiss but I do have a poster for it hanging about two feet to my right as I type. No joke.

Matt Attack's picture
Matt Attack from Richmond, Va. is reading As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner February 29, 2012 - 10:59am

Welcome, there are running jokes, damned if I know what they are. Welcome to the pit. Dave should be along with your welcome stuff.

.'s picture
. February 29, 2012 - 11:09am

I got my dose of sci-fi/fantasy when I was obsessed with certain computer games.

Well we have free hugs and puppies in our basements so don't be shy.

Jose F. Diaz's picture
Jose F. Diaz from Boston is reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel February 29, 2012 - 11:11am

welcome.

Come on in. The waters fine.

Chris Davis's picture
Chris Davis from Indiana is reading A Feast of Snakes by Harry Crews February 29, 2012 - 12:18pm

Here's a heads up from one new person to another, Alien will offer you a cavity search. Go ahead and take him up on it, he has very soft hands.

.'s picture
. February 29, 2012 - 12:50pm

Even clips his nails.

PandaMask's picture
PandaMask from Los Angeles is reading More Than Human February 29, 2012 - 1:02pm

Welcome!

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

Matt Attack's picture
Matt Attack from Richmond, Va. is reading As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner February 29, 2012 - 1:03pm

I like the panda mask...it's a nice touch.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 29, 2012 - 1:05pm

@SonicDrift:  A man named Dave will be along shortly to welcome you properly to LitReactor.  Until then, I extend his hand to you in welcome.

@Avery:  You did say you just got a webcam, yes?

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 29, 2012 - 1:21pm

@Utah (no longer a lesbian I see) Yes I DO have a webcam!  For some reason I'm surprised you remember that.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 29, 2012 - 1:24pm

@Avery:  At the risk of damaging your ego, it has nothing to do with you.  I just don't forget much.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 29, 2012 - 1:32pm

@Utah - not much can damage my ego.

PandaMask's picture
PandaMask from Los Angeles is reading More Than Human February 29, 2012 - 1:37pm

@Matt

Thank you.

Matt Attack's picture
Matt Attack from Richmond, Va. is reading As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner February 29, 2012 - 2:29pm

@Panda, you're welcome.

.'s picture
. February 29, 2012 - 3:16pm

I demand pandamask face in every post.

Matt Attack's picture
Matt Attack from Richmond, Va. is reading As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner February 29, 2012 - 3:19pm

I would like to see that as well.

PandaMask's picture
PandaMask from Los Angeles is reading More Than Human February 29, 2012 - 3:24pm

All of my posts?

Profunda Saint-Sylvain's picture
Profunda Saint-... from Calgary, AB is reading Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy Series February 29, 2012 - 3:24pm

Especially that one.

Matt Attack's picture
Matt Attack from Richmond, Va. is reading As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner February 29, 2012 - 3:41pm

LOL @ Meat

Dave's picture
Dave from a city near you is reading constantly February 29, 2012 - 5:02pm

The welcome jazz

Matt Attack's picture
Matt Attack from Richmond, Va. is reading As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner February 29, 2012 - 5:16pm

LOL @ Dave

Nick Wilczynski's picture
Nick Wilczynski from Greensboro, NC is reading A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin February 29, 2012 - 5:40pm

Howdy.

aliensoul77's picture
aliensoul77 from a cold distant star is reading the writing on the wall. February 29, 2012 - 8:27pm

You guys make me sound like a weirdo.  I'm over the cavity checks, this month is testicle awareness month.  Free ball exams for everyone!

Dave's picture
Dave from a city near you is reading constantly February 29, 2012 - 8:50pm

I examine my testicles daily.

Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz February 29, 2012 - 9:39pm

Not enough information.

Matt Attack's picture
Matt Attack from Richmond, Va. is reading As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner March 1, 2012 - 2:35am

I found this. I think all movies should start like this. It has nothing to do with a pelvic exam,  thank god.

PandaMask's picture
PandaMask from Los Angeles is reading More Than Human March 1, 2012 - 2:39am

Aqua Teen Hunger Force!

Matt Attack's picture
Matt Attack from Richmond, Va. is reading As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner March 1, 2012 - 2:43am

Yeah, love em. DONT TALK! WATCH!

PandaMask's picture
PandaMask from Los Angeles is reading More Than Human March 1, 2012 - 2:43am

Matt Attack's picture
Matt Attack from Richmond, Va. is reading As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner March 1, 2012 - 2:44am

Hahaha dude where did you find that.

PandaMask's picture
PandaMask from Los Angeles is reading More Than Human March 1, 2012 - 2:46am

Heavy Metal?

PandaMask's picture
PandaMask from Los Angeles is reading More Than Human March 1, 2012 - 2:47am

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters March 1, 2012 - 5:53am

@Chester - I love that.  I plan to steal that in the future and then eventually abbreviate it to NEI.  It'll be a whole thing.