DCStone's picture
DCStone from New Jersey July 9, 2012 - 6:21pm

Well I FOUND the introductions and so here you have it, I'm here, ready to learn, feeling like the odd man out and have an extreme urge to pull out an ashtray, grab the bottle, and scratch my ass.  -smirks- Can't wait to figure all this out.  Someone...anyone...I don't care if it's the three legged dog, send them over to show me around.

DC

Charles's picture
Charles from Portland is reading Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones July 9, 2012 - 6:29pm

Hey, I think I know you.

I think when you get your legs for this place you'll fit in fine. None of us bite. Except Chester, someone let him out of confinement and he's been biting the new people. Watch out.

DCStone's picture
DCStone from New Jersey July 9, 2012 - 6:30pm

Well.....you know, I do love a good bite.  -grin-

bryanhowie's picture
bryanhowie from FW, ID is reading East of Eden. Steinbeck is FUCKING AMAZING. July 9, 2012 - 6:52pm

It's... it's not a good bite.

DCStone's picture
DCStone from New Jersey July 9, 2012 - 7:14pm

Not a good bite?  But see, every bit can be good....

Michael J. Riser's picture
Michael J. Riser from El Cerrito, CA (originally), now Fort Worth, TX is reading The San Veneficio Canon - Michael Cisco, The Croning - Laird Barron, By the Time We Leave Here, We'll Be Friends - J. David Osborne July 9, 2012 - 7:20pm

Married, no bites from me. But I'll buy you a beer and talk about books.

It's cool here. You'll like it. Settle in and poke around, you'll enjoy yourself.

Also, welcome!

DCStone's picture
DCStone from New Jersey July 9, 2012 - 7:21pm

Awe thanks Michael!  Im poking my way around and have heard lots of good things about here.  Hope to learn lots and can't wait to see my way around.

Michael J. Riser's picture
Michael J. Riser from El Cerrito, CA (originally), now Fort Worth, TX is reading The San Veneficio Canon - Michael Cisco, The Croning - Laird Barron, By the Time We Leave Here, We'll Be Friends - J. David Osborne July 9, 2012 - 7:31pm

You definitely will.

To start, read Courtney's thread (should be stickied) about LR in general and how to critique. It's helpful. If you haven't figured it out yet: forum is free, workshop is $$, and you get 15 points when you sign up. That means you can instantly post a story. You get 3 points for a 'very helpful' review of someone else's stuff, so in order to post another story of your own, keep reviewing stuff from others.

If you want to screw around and waste time, the forum is good for that. Though there's helpful stuff here too from time to time. Lots and lots of great suggestions for stuff to read, especially.

Uh... don't trust Avery. Dave is the devil. Chris Davis is not actually Pope Deadpool (much to the dismay of, I suspect, more or less everyone). And... meh, I don't know. You'll have more fun figuring it out yourself.

DCStone's picture
DCStone from New Jersey July 9, 2012 - 7:36pm

Love it!  Thanks for the tips, Michael!

Michael J. Riser's picture
Michael J. Riser from El Cerrito, CA (originally), now Fort Worth, TX is reading The San Veneficio Canon - Michael Cisco, The Croning - Laird Barron, By the Time We Leave Here, We'll Be Friends - J. David Osborne July 9, 2012 - 7:40pm

Seriously, you can call me Mike. People at home call me Mikey. Everyone here calls me Michael, and I realize that's my handle, but fuck formality.

DCStone's picture
DCStone from New Jersey July 9, 2012 - 7:42pm

- grin - Well then, MIKE, thanks again.  Peeps call me DC...although, I'm not sure how popular I'm gonna be once I hear back from Kirk.  -smirks-

Stacy Kear's picture
Stacy Kear from Bucyrus, Ohio lives in New Jersey is reading The Art of War July 9, 2012 - 8:00pm

Hi DC, I came to your thread looking for something hard but to my dismay nothing. Welcome. You came from New Jersey, I live in New Jersey. BFF' s forever or until you annoy me. :-)

DCStone's picture
DCStone from New Jersey July 9, 2012 - 8:03pm

LMFAO, NICE Stacy!  And sweet on the Jersey piece.  I'm originally from California but the hubs says I've been developing a bit of a Jersey attitude.  You'll have to let me know how it is.  I can't wait to check out your work.  Thanks for the warm welcome.

.'s picture
. July 9, 2012 - 8:52pm

Hi Stone! Did you creep over from another forum? Your name sounds oddly familiar.

DCStone's picture
DCStone from New Jersey July 9, 2012 - 8:57pm

LOL, well, depends...."which" forums are you thinking?  - grin -

edgar allen foe's picture
edgar allen foe July 9, 2012 - 9:08pm

Welcome, DCStone. Just be sure not to trip over my malfunctioning androids. I've got to return them to my lab one of these days....

JEFFREY GRANT BARR's picture
JEFFREY GRANT BARR from Central OR is reading Nothing but fucking Shakespeare, for the rest of my life July 9, 2012 - 9:08pm

I just can't help myself.

THATS WHAT SHE SAID.

... Boom.

.'s picture
. July 9, 2012 - 9:26pm

- grin -

I shall take that as a yes.

underpurplemoon's picture
underpurplemoon from PDX July 10, 2012 - 1:36am

Welcome!

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters July 10, 2012 - 4:36am

"don't trust Avery"

I just show up of a morning and this is what I find.  Well, fuck off you losers.  Here's your dumb welcome sign, I hope you choke on it (because I assume everyone I give this to prints and eats it).

Hector Acosta's picture
Hector Acosta from Dallas is reading Fletch July 10, 2012 - 4:37am

Well, now that Jeffrey beat me to it, I have nothing to add to this thread. I guess welcome?

GaryP's picture
GaryP from Denver is reading a bit of this and that July 10, 2012 - 9:03am

Kramer5000 welcomes you.

underpurplemoon's picture
underpurplemoon from PDX July 10, 2012 - 11:22pm

AD, most of us appreciate your welcome meme.

Michael J. Riser's picture
Michael J. Riser from El Cerrito, CA (originally), now Fort Worth, TX is reading The San Veneficio Canon - Michael Cisco, The Croning - Laird Barron, By the Time We Leave Here, We'll Be Friends - J. David Osborne July 10, 2012 - 10:04am

Well damn. I was just kidding and stuff. If I print out and slowly choke on your welcome meme, will you forgive me?

DCStone's picture
DCStone from New Jersey July 10, 2012 - 3:34pm

BAHAHAHAHA, I fucking love the "lovely" welcomes.  You all rock.

GaryP's picture
GaryP from Denver is reading a bit of this and that July 10, 2012 - 3:47pm

@Avery. You made me smile.

Charles's picture
Charles from Portland is reading Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones July 10, 2012 - 4:57pm

Didn't I say you'd like it here, woman?

-grin-