Arden Byrne's picture
Arden Byrne from The Great White Frozen North is reading The Lies of Locke Lamora January 24, 2012 - 12:24pm

Hi, there!

My name's Arden, and I write.  Well, duh.  Why else would I be here?

That is the story of my writing life.

I'm trying to fix that, and hoping ya'll can help.

Dave's picture
Dave from a city near you is reading constantly January 24, 2012 - 1:27pm

Welcome Arden, to our insanity.

.'s picture
. January 24, 2012 - 1:38pm

Nice to have. Don't drink the punch. It's laced with 2-CB. By me.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters January 24, 2012 - 1:44pm

Welcome aboard - try the punch!  It's great!

Brandon's picture
Brandon from KCMO is reading Made to Break January 24, 2012 - 1:47pm

The punch is infused with the tears of Tao Lin.

aliensoul77's picture
aliensoul77 from a cold distant star is reading the writing on the wall. January 25, 2012 - 2:50am

Don't feel intimidated to share your writing.  Most of us are nice and give constructive criticism.

Max Redford's picture
Max Redford from Your basement. is reading Mirrorshades: The cyberpunk anthology, Mondo 2000: Guide to life on the New Edge, Book of Cthulu January 25, 2012 - 11:36am

Arden,  I bet you write romance stories don't you?  Heh heh.

I've been reading some of the post at this madhouse and thinkin' I'm gonna pull up a chair for awhile...may need a porta-john too.

aliensoul77's picture
aliensoul77 from a cold distant star is reading the writing on the wall. January 25, 2012 - 12:34pm

Are we that intimidating? All we want is to be loved, its not our fault people keep filing restraining orders.

cosmo's picture
cosmo January 25, 2012 - 1:14pm

Hi Arden.

Arden Byrne's picture
Arden Byrne from The Great White Frozen North is reading The Lies of Locke Lamora January 25, 2012 - 2:50pm

Thanks for the welcomes!  If it's insanity you folks are looking for, well...*ahem*

I'm perfectly sane.  Really.  At least, that's what my therapist tells me I should affirm to myself daily.  :)

Boone Spaulding's picture
Boone Spaulding from Coldwater, Michigan, U.S.A. is reading Solarcide Presents: Nova Parade January 29, 2012 - 12:46pm

Welcome, Arden...right there, your comment: "I don't write enough, really.  I start things and don't finish them.  I finish them and don't edit them.  I edit them, and decide they're crap and file them away never to see the light of day again, and then I forget where I filed them, and can't find them when I decide to see if there was anything worth saving." That's the same damn situation in which I've been stuck for too long - spinning my wheels and rocking the chassis - and I've come here for a boost or a tow...

Your comment's subject would be a great subject for a column here at LitReactor...