avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters November 5, 2013 - 9:48am

BATTLE: The (Un)Official LitReactor Brawl

How it works:
You sign up.  Around noon-ish on November 8th, I’ll randomly pick ten people to participate (if you got an automatic in because of the last Battle, please still sign up so I know you're using it!).  Those people will write to a prompt and submit their stories anonymously (details on how to submit will be sent to participants via a message here).  Stories will be due NOVEMBER 18th at 9pm CST.  I will post a poll and everyone will have 2 weeks to read, respond to, and critique the ten stories.  The winner is the one with the most votes.

RULES:

You can’t reveal if you are selected to write.
You can’t reveal if you are NOT selected to write.  Anyone who does this will be eliminated from this and all future Battles.
You must read every story
You must make a comment about every story (at least one pro and one con)
You must vote
You CAN’T vote for your own story
Failure to do any of these things means you lose.  I will remove your story and any votes it received will go to me.  If I collect enough points I get a pony.
You MUST have a LitReactor membership to participate.  You will only need it for one month, long enough to read the stories and vote.  So this contest will cost $9.
Do NOT sign up if you can't commit to these guidelines!!
In order to sign up, leave a comment here with your favorite dinner.  That's it, just tell me your favorite cartoon and I'll add your name to the list.

1. Michael J Riser

16. Bill Tucker

17. XyZy

jyh's picture
jyh from VA is reading whatever he feels like November 5, 2013 - 9:51am

Who won the other one?

Michael J. Riser's picture
Michael J. Riser from El Cerrito, CA (originally), now Fort Worth, TX is reading The San Veneficio Canon - Michael Cisco, The Croning - Laird Barron, By the Time We Leave Here, We'll Be Friends - J. David Osborne November 5, 2013 - 9:53am

Since I'm not sure which you really want:

I'm in. I believe I got an auto-in from last time, but hey, whatever works! New favorite dinner is vegan meatloaf sandwiches I made the other night that were fucking amazing. Favorite cartoon is still probably Invader Zim, with Courage the Cowardly Dog coming in a very close second. I also sort of miss Jonny Bravo for reasons I honestly couldn't delineate in any coherent fashion.

voodoo_em's picture
voodoo_em from England is reading All the books by Ira Levin November 5, 2013 - 9:53am

Adventure Time!

TomMartinArt's picture
TomMartinArt from Amherst, MA November 5, 2013 - 9:56am

I want in. My favorite dinner is cartoons.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters November 5, 2013 - 9:58am

hrm...

I meant just cartoon.  And yeah.  I don't proof read.

OtistheBulldog won the last one!

sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres November 5, 2013 - 10:15am

Regular Show

SamaLamaWama's picture
SamaLamaWama from Dallas is reading Something Wicked This Way Comes November 5, 2013 - 10:35am

I'm in! Regular Show--but don't tell my daughter. I'm always telling her to shut it off. The fat dude with the man-boobs is the best--I totally grew up with that guy in HS and let me tell you he didn't turn out well. He'd be so lucky to live in a trailer and work for the parks department.

Sound's picture
Sound from Azusa, CA is reading Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt November 5, 2013 - 10:37am

I don't watch any current cartoons, so I'll just go with the last one I enjoyed watching: Simpsons!

Wendy Hammer's picture
Wendy Hammer from Indiana is reading One Night in Sixes November 5, 2013 - 5:04pm

Count me in!

My favorite cartoon is Adventure Time.

Reading comments below--my love for Archer moves me to edit and change my vote. Though, AT is awesome.

And, yes, my priorities are often questionable.

SConley's picture
SConley from Texas is reading Coin Locker Babies November 5, 2013 - 1:35pm

I wasn't gonna do it again but now i have these characters in my head so i'll go again. My girlfriend doesn't allow me to watch cartoons but i have to go with Adventure Time as well.

Matt's picture
Matt from New Zealand is reading This is how you lose her by Junot Diaz November 5, 2013 - 3:45pm

Futurama

Dave Hanson's picture
Dave Hanson from Connecticut is reading Incredibly pulpy fantasy and sci-fi November 5, 2013 - 4:02pm

In. Cartoon: Archer. Dinner: Raw eggs.

Sean Stallard's picture
Sean Stallard from Tecumseh, ON is reading The Brothers Karamazov and A Lover's Discourse November 5, 2013 - 4:19pm

In. Animaniacs. Lasagna.

SRead's picture
SRead from Colorado is reading Stories November 5, 2013 - 6:23pm

Does Howl's Moving Castle count? Not a series, but animated... I usually have to watch whatever the Manimal is watching.

In any case, I'm in!

closure's picture
closure from Australia is reading The Ghormenghast Trilogy, by Mervyn Peake November 5, 2013 - 8:57pm

In. Bob's Burgers. Homemade Pizza. Just to clarify, pizza is the dinner, Bob's Burgers is the cartoon, and in is IN.

Covewriter's picture
Covewriter from Nashville, Tennessee is reading & Sons November 6, 2013 - 10:05pm

Wow you are doing this again. Awesome. My cartoon: Road Runner.

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch November 6, 2013 - 11:17pm

Pink Panther! (yes, it's a cartoon)

Bill Tucker's picture
Bill Tucker from Austin, Texas is reading Grimm's Fairy Tales (1st Edition) November 7, 2013 - 7:18am

Rocko's Modern Life. So psyched we're doing this again!

XyZy's picture
XyZy from New York City is reading Seveneves and Animal Money November 7, 2013 - 3:33pm

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Matt's picture
Matt from New Zealand is reading This is how you lose her by Junot Diaz November 8, 2013 - 7:10am

Pink Panther! (yes, it's a cartoon)

Ha ha. I remember this one too!

Matt's picture
Matt from New Zealand is reading This is how you lose her by Junot Diaz November 8, 2013 - 7:18am

Wow you are doing this again. Awesome. My cartoon: Road Runner.

Road Runner! Oh man, I wanna change my answer to road runner too. Love that show. I have a real soft spot for wile e coyote. He's so misunderstood!

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters November 8, 2013 - 4:23pm

OKAY!  Everyone who signed up should have received a message.  IF YOU DID NOT GET A MESSAGE - SEND ME A MESSAGE!!

Otherwise, carry on.