SCARE US! - The Final Roundup of Author Feedback!
The response to LitReactor’s first official writing challenge was simply overwhelming. When we put out the call for horror stories, we were all excited to see so many great writers taking up the challenge and submitting 156 stories over the course of one month. The dedicated horror workshop sprang to life as writers helped fellow writers and managed to give over 680 ratings. Thank you again to everyone who took time to read and review!
The final leg of this journey has been one of learning and improvement as some of our top rated stories received special feedback from some of LitReactor’s outstanding team of instructors. Not to mention, three lucky writers were given a critique from none other than Chuck Palahniuk.
At long last, the reviews are in, the critiques have been posted, and our distinguished instructors have given their best advice to our winners. Below are links to all of the great feedback. (Note: We are still waiting on Lidia Yuknavitch's feedback, which should arrive shortly!)
*All of the feedback is posted as comments from the respective authors. In most cases, you'll have to scroll down to the bottom of the comments threads to see their reviews.
1. Jane Wiseman "Hatch" – 6000 points - Chuck Palahniuk / Craig Clevenger / Lidia Yuknavitch
2. Bret Caron"We Called it God" – 5900 points - Chuck Palahniuk / Suzi Vitello
3. Leah_beth "Driving After Dark" – 4700 points - Chuck Palahniuk / Lidia Yuknavitch
4. Joanna Parypinski "The Pickwick Horror" – Holiday Reinhorn / Ed Sikov
5. Scott MacDonald "Follow the Leader" (perfect score) – Lidia Yuknavitch / Holiday Reinhorn
6. Emma "Crystal" – Holiday Reinhorn
7. Jonathan Riley "Fallen Star" (perfect score) – Holiday Reinhorn
8. FoxyLenz "The Tupperware Party" – Joe Nassise
9. Bob Pastorella "Outlaws" (perfect score) – Ed Sikov
10. Bryanhowie "The Second Plague" – Suzy Vitello
11. Blair "Anchorstone" – Christa Faust
12. Ian "In the Tall Grass" (perfect score) – Ed Sikov
13. sean of the dead "1000 Steps" - Lidia Yuknavitch
14. lspieller "Itch" - Craig Clevenger
15. AssholeAmerican "Slaughterhouse" - Craig Clevenger
16. Mess_Jess "Binoomea - Dark Places" (perfect score) – Joe Nassise
17. Sancho Lestache "Snacks" (perfect score) – Suzy Vitello
18. Jacks_username "The Land of Horses and Bourbon" – Ed Sikov
19. Schrander "The Trial of Sparkle Bear" – Joe Nassise
20. Ben Court "Heat Wave or Two For Joy" - Suzy Vitello
21. DanielKeaton "The Tea Salesman" - Craig Clevenger
22. steveburchard "Trouser Snake" - Christa Faust
23. Grigori Black "Stripped" - Christa Faust
24. Andrewch7 "Mojave Blood" - Craig Clevenger
25. Andrew Kelly "Taken From the Other Side" - Lidia Yuknavitch
We hope everyone had as much fun with this process as we did. Watching this challenge unfold has been an exciting ride and seeing it come to a close is bittersweet.
But hey, no need to go through writing and reviewing withdrawals! If you loved the workshop process, be sure to check out LitReactor’s regular workshop. There are always friendly folks willing to help you out with your stories. And don’t forget to keep your eyes peeled for updates on future writing events and challenges! Never a dull moment at LitReactor.
Thanks once more to all of our instructors as well as Chuck Palahniuk for volunteering and giving of their time in order to help fellow writers. Thank you to the writers who submitted stories and the dedicated reviewers who made the challenge such a roaring success.
To leave a comment