Now Hiring: Class facilitator for our online workshop program
We’re currently looking to hire a class facilitator for our online workshops. In this position, you'll serve as the feet on the ground, troubleshooting issues in the classroom and keeping the workshops running smoothly.
This is a paid gig. So not only will you earn a few bucks, but you'll get access to the lectures and lessons from our esteemed instructors.
Here are the responsibilities:
- Reach out to students at the start of class and get them situated
- Make sure first-time instructors are situated with the online workshop mechanics
- Open the introductory discussions
- Troubleshoot issues for instructors and students
- Monitor the class to make sure everything is running smoothly
- Step in to encourage students who aren’t contributing to peer reviews
- Organize and host the occasional conference call between instructors and students
Here are the requirements:
- Be passionate
- Be organized
- Be available for the duration of the class you're assigned to
- Live in the US
As we add new classes, you’ll be assigned based on availability (there's one facilitator already on staff). And I’ll be relying on you to keep me abreast of issues, and provide a recap after the class is over.
Here’s what I need from you:
- Resume (include any relevant writing or teaching experience)
- An essay explaining why you want the job, and why you’re the right fit (1 page max)
- Tell me what your favorite book is, and why (250 words max)
That’s it. E-mail email@example.com. If you have any questions, ask.
Move fast. Deadline is next Wednesday.
We're now closed to applications. Thanks to everyone who applied. We'll have an answer for you soon.
To leave a comment