HBO Releases Teaser For 'Game Of Thrones' Season 2

Game of Thrones Season 2 sneak peek

HBO has released a teaser for the second season of Game of Thrones, which is returning to television screens (!!!) in April 2012.

It's not incredibly revealing, and since I haven't read the books I have no idea who any of these new people are. It's more of a production short than a sizzle reel, but still! Game of Thrones! Season 2!

I love this show. I almost gave up on it after the first few episodes, because after several hours of watching I had no idea who any of the OLD people were. But I stuck with it (in part because of the amazing Peter Dinkelage), and I'm glad I did. By the end of the first season I was firmly entrenched.

Oh, and here's the trailer:

Comments

Camicia Bennett's picture
Camicia Bennett from Florida is reading Too Bright to Hear Too Loud to See November 21, 2011 - 11:45am

I just started reading them, they are great so far. The first season and the first book follow along really well.

Vinny Mannering's picture
Vinny Mannering from Boston, MA. USA is reading On Fiction Writing November 21, 2011 - 1:08pm

Started reading the books are getting into the HBO series. I'm hooked on both now! I rewatched the first season while reading through "A Game of Thrones."

Limbless K9's picture
Limbless K9 from Oregon is reading Wraeththu November 21, 2011 - 1:38pm

That hardcover book set looks awesome. I love these books. I'm reading through A Dance With Dragons right now. I'm just reading it very slowly for two reasons. I'm a procrastinator, and I know the next book won't be out for years.

Jason Van Horn's picture
Jason Van Horn from North Carolina is reading A Feast For Crows November 21, 2011 - 4:41pm

I've finished the first two - loved the first one and the second a little less so, but still very good. I find I have to be in a very specific mindset to want to read them. I certainly can't devour them - even if I could - so reading them take me a long time.

Joshua Chaplinsky's picture
Joshua Chaplinsky from New York is reading Stories of YOUR Life November 21, 2011 - 6:20pm

I read Thrones in anticipation of the HBO series and loved it. When I started watching the show soon after, the book was too fresh, and I felt a little disappointed. So I put some distance between the reading and the viewing, and then marathoned the whole season in like two days. It went over much better. Since then, I've also read Kings and Swords. Can't wait for season two, and can't wait to double-team Crows and Dragons. Tyrion Lanister, on both film and page, is fast becoming one of my favorite characters of all time.

Joshua Chaplinsky's picture

I think Swords might be my favorite so far. So much good shit.

Hetch Litman's picture
Hetch Litman from Ojai, Ca. is reading Wise Blood by Flannery OConnor December 15, 2011 - 6:30pm

"@Rob W. Hart said: Like I said, I haven't read the any of George R.R. Martin's books. Can anyone tell me anything about them? Are they worth the read, or should I just bask in HBO's warm glowing warming glow?"

Hows this for an answer; Run, don't walk and pick up the first 3. The third book may be one of the best books I have ever read. EVERYONE can learn a myriad of things from GRRMs character development. I remember my friend telling me about them (sci fi/fantasy geek) and I scoffed but I went a head and read the first two the week before the third came out. One of the best decisions Ive made when pertaining to literature, and make no mistake, I dont care what genre this falls under, it IS literature.

Fascinating. Phenominal