Freebie Friday! "By the Nails of the Warpriest" by Nik Korpon

11 comments
Nik Korpon Warpriest

Hey, kiddos.  Want something to read over the weekend?

Well, we've got a little treat for you.  Nik Korpon, author of Stay God and Old Ghosts, is giving away his newest book for the price of on the house. If you're unfamiliar with Nik, his book, the aforementioned Stay God, was LitReactor's first official book club selection.  He's also been widely published, landing stories in Crime Factory, Needle Magazine (forthcoming), Black Heart Noir, Powder Burn Flash, 3:AM, Shotgun Honey, and a bunch more. Nik also has a bunch of awesome tats and has mad street cred in Baltimore, so don't mess with him.

Here's the official synopsis:

Rife with political and religious undertones, By the Nails of the Warpriest follows an unnamed thief who steals memories from the elderly—those who have a vague memory of The City before The Struggle—and sells them to memory-junkies. He ekes out an existence by ruining the very souls he [once] tried to save. As a fallen leader of The People, he’s almost thankful that his family is not alive to witness the depths to which he’s sunk.

Then he finds a memory that suggests they weren’t killed in a riot, that someone lied to him. That someone wants to keep him from his family.

You can download By the Nails of the Warpriest in either MOBI or EPUB format by going HERE.

Act now: THIS DEAL WILL ONLY LAST FOR 24 HOURS!

Also, make sure you check out Stay God so you can participate in our book club.

Comments

Laramore Black's picture
Laramore Black from Joplin, Missouri is reading Mario Kart 8 November 18, 2011 - 10:37am

Awesome, I just bought a Kindle too.

.'s picture
. November 18, 2011 - 10:40am

Stay God was amazing. This one will definitely be on my reading list.

derekberry's picture
derekberry from South Carolina is reading Eating Animals November 18, 2011 - 10:58am

First of all, I'd like to thank Korpon a lot. I hope this marketing method works out for him. But if I enjoy a book, I usually buy it too. So, sweet. By reading the synopsis, I'd say this might be pretty good.

Flaminia Ferina's picture
Flaminia Ferina from Umbria is reading stuff November 18, 2011 - 11:07am

Got it. You're full of awesome.

wickedvoodoo's picture
wickedvoodoo from Mansfield, England is reading stuff. November 18, 2011 - 1:37pm

Sweet. I was planning to pick this up at some point anyhow.

Nice one!

Renfield's picture
Renfield from Hell is reading 20th Century Ghosts November 18, 2011 - 3:14pm

Great stuff guys. Really need to look into more of this Blasted Heath thing.

NikKorpon's picture
NikKorpon from Baltimore is reading Book and books and books and November 18, 2011 - 4:27pm

Cheers, guys. Much of the credit should go to Al and Kyle at Blasted Heath. It was their idea. And I'd highly recommend checking out all of their authors. They're doing great things over there. Just finished ALL THE YOUNG WARRIORS by Anthony Neil Smith, which completely slays, and I'm ready to jump into Ray Banks' DEAD MONEY once I finish this Woodrell.

Cheers for the post, Brandon. Much appreciation.

Brandon's picture
Brandon from KCMO is reading Made to Break November 18, 2011 - 5:43pm

No prob, man.

EdVaughn's picture
EdVaughn from Louisville, Ky is reading a whole bunch of different stuff November 18, 2011 - 8:43pm

Got it. Korpon's writing career is going to be one to follow.

Hetch Litman's picture
Hetch Litman from Ojai, Ca. is reading Wise Blood by Flannery OConnor November 20, 2011 - 8:05am

Aww man. I missed it

Christian Williams's picture
Christian Williams from Hyde Park, NY is reading Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill November 20, 2011 - 3:11pm

enjoying it so far...thanks! will def check out the other authors at Blasted Health