Epic Rap Battles of History: Stephen King vs. Edgar Allan Poe

Epic Rap Battles of History: Stephen King vs. Edgar Allan Poe

This is it. The one horror fans have been waiting for. An epic throwdown of linguistic prowess between two masters of the genre: the lugubrious Edgar Allan Poe vs. Stephen "The King of Horror" King....

...in a rap battle.

Who won? Poe's got that rapid fire delivery, but King's puntastic use of his own book titles is pretty great. Sound of in the comments... in verse.

Jacey Cockrobin

News by Joshua Chaplinsky

Joshua Chaplinsky is the Managing Editor of LitReactor.com. He has also written for the popular film site Screen Anarchy and for ChuckPalahniuk.net, the official website of 'Fight Club' author Chuck Palahniuk. He is the author of 'Kanye West—Reanimator.' His short fiction has appeared in Zetetic, Motherboard, Vol. 1 Brooklyn, Thuglit, Dark Moon Digest, Pantheon Magazine, and multiple print anthologies. More info at joshuachaplinsky.com.

Comments

L.W. Flouisa's picture
L.W. Flouisa from Tennessee is reading More Murakami June 3, 2014 - 2:52pm

To me, does it honestly really matter who your favorite author is? Its an individual taste thing.

OnlyAshes89's picture
OnlyAshes89 from England is reading The Count of Monte Cristo June 4, 2014 - 3:57am

Sarah, I think you might have missed the point of this post.

L.W. Flouisa's picture
L.W. Flouisa from Tennessee is reading More Murakami June 4, 2014 - 9:09am

No I got that its about their skill and delivery. What I'm getting at is different forms of dlivery work for different readers.

The post itself, therefore hasn't much of a point.

The take away is there wasn't any clarity.

Joshua Chaplinsky's picture
Joshua Chaplinsky from New York is reading Stories of YOUR Life June 4, 2014 - 8:23am

Uh...

SammyB's picture
SammyB from Las Vegas is reading currently too many to list June 4, 2014 - 3:21pm

They were both awesome, but I have to go with Poe because I freaking love George Watsky. Not to mention, I like that he refers to King's writing process as "This jerk just beats off on a page". Some of King's books feel like that to me, though I do love many of his older works. This was one of my favorite Epic Rap Battles.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry June 5, 2014 - 5:41am

I thought that I had become callus, but occasionally the comments-under-the-article still leave me momentarily speechless.