Come Find Team LitReactor At AWP 2015 In Minneapolis
The AWP Conference & Bookfair, one of the year's biggest writing conferences, is nearly upon us. Hours away. And LitReactor will be there! In attendance will be:
- Dennis Widmyer, our editor-in-chief, and Kirk Clawes, our technical lead
- Bree Ogden, assistant class director and literary agent extraordinaire
- Our class facilitators, Emma Clark and Renee Pickup
- Brandon Tietz, columnist, Burnt Tongues contributor, and author of Good Sex, Great Prayers
- Leah Rhyne, columnist and author of the Undead America series
Also, me (Rob Hart, class director, author of the upcoming New Yorked). I'll be rolling into town Friday afternoon, though Team LitReactor will start assembling in Minneapolis tomorrow, at booth 1814. Why is this important to know? Because we've got some very cool swag to give away. Such as an exclusive essay on writing from a good friend of the site... and, well, you'll just have to wait and see about that. Trust me though, you're going to want this.
Is this your first AWP? Check out this excellent primer from Brandon. Though, respectfully, I'd like to add one more piece of advice: Don't forget to eat and drink a lot of water. Convention hangovers can be apocalyptic. I speak from experience.
Speaking of boozin' it up, there are some fun parties on tap, too. Here are the ones we've got our eyes on:
- The Broken River/King Shot/Ladybox Reading
- Curbside Splendor's AWP Cocktail Hour
- Two Dollar Radio Presents An Evening Too Loud to Ignore at AWP
- Menacing Hedge Dinner Party Reading Jamboree
- Bizarro Bash 3000
- AWP15: Last Call with Literary Orphans
Know of another hot party? Drop it in the comments.
That's the gist. Come out. Say hi. Writing is a lonely discipline. This is when we all get to shake hands and share a drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic, no judgment) and swap stories from the trenches. Nervous? Don't worry. So is everyone else. See you in Minneapolis.
To leave a comment