1. Write & Submit
Write a story by July 31 that meets the following criteria
- Must be a horror story
- Must feature an original creature of your own creation (no werewolves, vampires or zombies)
- Must feature three deaths
- Must take place in the town where you grew up
- Must be more than 1,500 words but less than 4,000 words
Sorry, this event is not currently accepting new entries. Check back for future events!
2. Read & Rate
Once you have submitted your story, the real fun begins!
- Read stories that have been submitted by other members
- Rate the stories you do and don’t like
- Provide and receive feedback for your fellow writers
- Meet other up-and-coming writers
3. Fun Will Be Had!
Though writing should be all the incentive you need, there is more!
- We will be offering up a variety of unannouced awards. Why unannouced? Because we want this to be about fun first. All submissions can qualify, not just the best rated ones.
- Get personal feedback from some of our instructors like: Ed Sikov, Holiday Reinhorn, Suzy Vitello, Lidia Yuknavitch, Christa Faust and more
- Challenge yourself to come out with a polished, short story