1. Write & Submit
Write a crime story by July 1, 2014 that meets the following criteria
- No Italian mafia
- No hitmen (or hitwomen)
- No sex crimes
- No serial killers
- Word count between 3,000-5,000
Sorry, this event is not currently accepting new entries. Check back for future events!
2. Read & Rate
Once you have submitted your story, the real fun begins!
- Read stories that have been submitted by other members
- Rate the stories you do and don’t like
- Provide and receive feedback for your fellow writers
- Meet other up-and-coming writers
3. Fun Will Be Had!
Though writing should be all the incentive you need, there is more!
- Grand prize: Publication in Thuglit! Three of the top-rated stories will be selected by editor, Todd Robinson, to appear in future issues of Thuglit.
- Writer prize packs: We'll be asking accomplished authors and editors to read and comment on stories. As for who's going to do it, and the selection process—well, we don't want to unveil everything just yet...
- Reader prize packs: We've enlisted Mulholland, Broken River, Hard Case Crime, and MysteriousPress.com, to donate grab-bags of books. The five most prolific raters will get a selection of books, picked at random, by one of these excellent publishers!