Fylh's picture
Fylh from from from is reading is from is reading is reading is reading reading is reading October 1, 2011 - 10:33am

We're all writers — do we all have blogs?

I maintain the International Society of Ontolinguistics blog, which has nothing to do with ontolinguistics, which is not even a real thing. It's mainly a place for me to talk about literature, philosophy and music.

Link yours here, and tell us about it.

wickedvoodoo's picture
wickedvoodoo from Mansfield, England is reading stuff. October 1, 2011 - 11:59am

Well I have my little hideout over at Solarice.com, a blog that is still fairly new, just a few months, but it's got links to my online stories plus has a bunch of special guest content such as author interviews and guest story slots.

Always been my plan to make this into something better than just an online portfolio. Getting there, slowly but surely. I'm delighted with the guest stuff I've got up there already.

And of course anyone is welcome to send me stuff to take a look at if they are interested in a slot. The more the merrier.

austinam's picture
austinam from St. Louis is reading The Sirens of Titan October 1, 2011 - 12:45pm

As an new avid reader, I have quickly taken a hold of both Chuck Palahniuk and Kurt Vonnegut.  In other words, I fell in love with social commentary.  And a damn good story.  Inspired, I started this is how my life is like: a memoir of sorts. A name that is slightly misleading, however.  Naming something should be a reflective process instead of something you do during the creation of the blog.  As such, it has evolved into more of a blog that is a series of observations on today's society.  Reflections on the actions of humans around me, personal or not.

bryanhowie's picture
bryanhowie from FW, ID is reading East of Eden. Steinbeck is FUCKING AMAZING. October 1, 2011 - 1:05pm

Show me your junk was a website I made with a friend.  We stopped updating it a while ago, but it started out as a place for articles and quickly got weirder.  It became about the characters writign the articles instead of any article. It's not safe for work.  It's not actually safe for human consumption.

iBronco's picture
iBronco from New Jersey is reading White Noise October 1, 2011 - 1:59pm

Coffee Through a Straw is a personal blog about my taffy stretched life as a man caught up in the world of cubicles and pointless board meetings, and an appreciaction for the aesthetics of coffee.

I've got a Fiction Site as well, dedicated to flash fiction. I can't wait to read all of your blogs!

austinam's picture
austinam from St. Louis is reading The Sirens of Titan October 1, 2011 - 2:06pm

iBrocno, "love, luck, life" was really good!

Charles's picture
Charles from Portland is reading Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones October 1, 2011 - 2:12pm

i used to keep up http://williampitts.blogspot.com with the hopes of re-covering stuff i might have forgotten since i started college, and that that might somehow keep me accountable to my writing practice, and inspire others. it seemed to do neither. it has fallen into neglect, but since im writing again, i might bring out the defribulators on that one.

A. Mason Carpenter's picture
A. Mason Carpenter from USA is reading The Power of Myth, by Joseph Campbell October 1, 2011 - 2:20pm

I maintain a blog about my work in progress novel.  It documents one man's journey from the beginning of a  blank word processor file to the end of, well, that same file, hopefully no longer blank.  Mostly, I list off word count statistics, try to be witty, and make fun of my own attempts at self promotion.  I try to keep it visually bland, as I find that lots of cute graphics tend to attract visitors.  Please give it a read and feel free to leave a comment, insult or death threat. http://normalheroes.blogspot.com/

AMC

missesdash's picture
missesdash from Paris is reading The Informers October 1, 2011 - 2:20pm

I keep a blog called fictionfiction, mostly about what I'm working occasional bits of writer advice. I'm big on aesthetics, so it's as pretty as it is functional.

iBronco's picture
iBronco from New Jersey is reading White Noise October 1, 2011 - 2:23pm

Thank you austinam! I'm enjoying you work as well.

Alex Kane's picture
Alex Kane from west-central Illinois is reading Dark Orbit October 1, 2011 - 2:26pm

I write about my writerly exploits at www.alexjkane.com, a WordPress blog I started roughly two years ago. I'd like to think it's full of useful insights on craft, publishing, and other miscellaneous glimmers of brilliance, but of course I'm biased as hell.

Nick Wilczynski's picture
Nick Wilczynski from Greensboro, NC is reading A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin October 1, 2011 - 2:40pm

I write about life and politics and other blog stuff on mentalc4.wordpress.com

David Paul's picture
David Paul from Greenwich, CT is reading The Raw Shark Text October 1, 2011 - 2:50pm

I have a blog related question that I can't seem to get a solid answer too, so I'll take all the input I can get.

Which blog platform do you prefer and why?  Wordpress or Tumblr?  Which is better / easier / more reliable, etc...?  Is there another one that strikes your fancy instead?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Dave

Craig Clevenger's picture
Craig Clevenger from Joshua Tree, CA October 1, 2011 - 3:04pm

I've been slowly overhauling my web presence, but it's slow going as it takes time away from writing. I've assembled a landing page with what Neanderthal design capabilities I have (Flavors.me and About.me are both very cool tools for doing this) and a blog, but haven't done much since quote-unquote designing the main page and I haven't posted for quite some time.

-Craig

N.L. Vaught's picture
N.L. Vaught from Charlotte, NC is reading All sorts October 1, 2011 - 3:15pm

I post a lot of my poetry, novel-in-progress excerpts and short stories. I would love more followers or just any sort of input!

capelesswondergirl's picture
capelesswondergirl from Kansas is reading The Morganville Vampires series October 1, 2011 - 3:20pm

I recently started a blog that is, for the moment, going to be a place to review comic books and such.

Capeless Wonder Girl

Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz October 1, 2011 - 4:34pm

One of my goals this literary year (September 1 - September 1) is to construct the blog that I registered a domain for this past year. Now I have all you to answer to. Maybe that will do it.

Bekanator's picture
Bekanator from Kamloops, British Columbia is reading Ugly Girls by Lindsay Hunter October 1, 2011 - 5:20pm

I've had a personal blog for years of teen angst and for some reason I just never stopped writing (although the angst posts have, indeed, stopped).  I mostly write about my writing experience now, although I am brancing a bit into feminism and how my life kind of intertwines with writing, so now it's sort of worth reading.

Brandon's picture
Brandon from KCMO is reading Made to Break October 1, 2011 - 5:23pm

Hey, Rebecca :)

Good seeing you 'round these parts!

Chorlie's picture
Chorlie from Philadelphia, PA is reading The Rules of the Tunnel October 1, 2011 - 6:38pm

The bittersweet moment when you realize you keep too many blogs. I use a few for different reasons, however, I tend to not use them the way I had initially planned. Tumblr is kept as a diary, although sometimes I will publish other material from other blogs. Wordpress is strictly kept as my short story, poem and prose, and essay blog. In essence, Wordpress is my Google+, whereas Tumblr is my Myspace. Other than blogs, I write for a few websites. Theneave.com, which I rarely ever write on anymore, considering the overwhelming ego of the owner/operator. Experts123.com, where I write to make a little extra money answering questions and writing articles. Hellopoetry.com, is a site I used to network with other poets, now I do not use it often, but I do have an e-book for sale. All in all, I am just doing what many of you are doing: writing. Ideally I would enjoy to have the chance to make writing my profession, but until then, I have a day job.

I'm sure that I will enjoy this website very much. It is a nice change from the monotony of social networking. I am looking forward to reading everyone's work, and having in-depth conversations.

www.charlieor123.wordpress.com

Kelsey Morse's picture
Kelsey Morse October 1, 2011 - 7:14pm

My blog Outta Town began as a hodge-podge of mini-writings I would spew out on Sunday afternoons in college. When I went abroad in 2010 it kept my family and friends up to date. I landed my first teaching job, then it morphed into venue for my musings about work, life in your twenties and teaching. Now, as I prepare to move abroad for a year, it has become my platform for travel writing and creative non-fiction, which I hope to explore further.

fummeltunte's picture
fummeltunte from Seattle is reading The Left Hand of Darkness October 1, 2011 - 7:30pm

Ahaha, brianhowie, love your crazy blog.

I recently started over at pacingspace.tumblr.com, mainly to review different writing software and web apps. And give me something to update whenever I get writers' block.  I also work as a volunteer over at genderfork.com, which is a hotbed of awesome genderfuckery and queer shit.

David Paul, I do enjoy tumblr the most out of the three, because of the ease of template customization and post scheduling. I felt like blogger and wordpress got bogged down with me caring too much about coding and design-- tumblr's minimalist layouts encourage you to just jump in and write/ post content.

Second place is Blogger imo, because I like how easy it is to setup with a custom domain. And no horrible ads for free memberships, like wordpress.

Wordpress seems to work for larger publications, like when an editor in chief needs to review everyone's submissions. I'm not sure if this is possible on Blogger or Tumblr...

EricWojo's picture
EricWojo from Livonia, Michigan is reading The Brothers Karamazov October 1, 2011 - 10:51pm

I started mine on, of all days, 9/11.  Not September 11, 2001, but 9/11/2011.  The tenth anniversary of Osama's attacks on the United States.  My blogs' launch date was a coincidence.  I post every Sunday evening on thoughts and speculations.  http://moonshinejar.blogspot.com

lyndonriggall's picture
lyndonriggall from Tasmania is reading Going Bovine by Libba Bray October 1, 2011 - 11:02pm

I keep a blog of thoughts, opinions and responses to the world at: http://lyndonswords.blogspot.com/

I think blogging is a really great habit.  Keeps me writing at least something every week that gets read by someone else.  Do you guys find blogging useful/valuable?

DominoGalaxy's picture
DominoGalaxy from England is reading American Gods October 2, 2011 - 3:06am

My blog is for my book series (coming soon) http://dominogalaxyblog.com

Once the book is out I'll try to post more often. Plus my hit rate is abysmal to the moment...maybe I'll get some tips to attract readers from here.

Joshua Chaplinsky's picture
Joshua Chaplinsky from New York is reading a lot more during the quarantine October 2, 2011 - 6:27am

Wow. So many sites to check out.

I express my inner imp over at http://thejamminjabber.com/, which will most likely suffer some neglect due to my duties here at LitReactor.

Erin's picture
Erin from Omaha is reading manuscripts... October 2, 2011 - 6:59am

I'm putting up my friend Deirdre Lewis's blog, "A Walking Carnival," for y'all to check out. In a nutshell - a day in the life of a single mom in Echo Park. It's funny, poignant, thoughtful and she's got me invested in her neighbor's drama. I love it. Great use of dialogue.

My all-time favorite post is, "Eat, Pray, Go Fuck Yourself."

Enjoy!

beverson00's picture
beverson00 from Buffalo, New York is reading The Cold Commands by Richard K. Morgan October 2, 2011 - 7:28am

My blog is Get Off My Lawn where I've been posting some of my fiction, along with what I hope are humorous rants about topics that strike me as needing to be ranted about.

Meachman's picture
Meachman from Indianapolis is reading Amusing Ourselves to Death October 2, 2011 - 10:33am

Hopelessly Determined is a blog I maintained about as well as my houseplant that's on the edge of my desk and has a spiderweb on it. It's easily within reach, but gone to ruin.

Kevin's picture
Kevin from California, USA is reading The Complete H.P. Lovecraft Fictions October 2, 2011 - 11:06am

Hey guys, I'm not a writer, but I am an illustrator. I keep a blog of my illustration work at Kevin Tong Illustration.

Meachman's picture
Meachman from Indianapolis is reading Amusing Ourselves to Death October 2, 2011 - 11:21am

@Kevin, your Rant print is hanging above my bookcase

Kevin's picture
Kevin from California, USA is reading The Complete H.P. Lovecraft Fictions October 2, 2011 - 11:30am

Thanks Meachman.

This site is so cool. I hope you guys like the Achievements. Those and the LitReactor logo were my contributions to LitReactor.

bryanhowie's picture
bryanhowie from FW, ID is reading East of Eden. Steinbeck is FUCKING AMAZING. October 2, 2011 - 11:49am

Thanks, fummeltunte.  It's been a long time since we wrote that stuff, but I really like some of the character stuff (the 'meta-story' of the blog).  It's pretty offensive and all, but The Importance of Seeing Tubgirl is really one of my favorites I wrote.

Oh, and NSFW, in case anyone had a question about it (but seeing as it says 'tubgirl' right in the link, I think it's kind of obvious).

Bob Pastorella's picture
Bob Pastorella from Groves, Texas is reading murder books trying to stay hip, I'm thinking of you, and you're out there so Say your prayers, Say your prayers, Say your prayers October 2, 2011 - 2:56pm

Obscuradrome at www.bobpastorella.com

A. Mason Carpenter's picture
A. Mason Carpenter from USA is reading The Power of Myth, by Joseph Campbell October 2, 2011 - 3:42pm

Kevin, I checked out your site.  Such unique and compelling work.  Kudos.

Peter Persson's picture
Peter Persson from is reading October 2, 2011 - 4:32pm

Hey guys. Nice to be here. It's great to see the sites and blogs of some serious writers, for a change. I've sifted through so much incomprehensible trash to get to one decent-looking site to read some damn prose. So thanks for posting them here.

Here is my site: short stories of junk, adrenaline, and escapism; a book of memoirs; a few synopses of upcoming things. www.nightmarepixel.com (I've noticed most of you are from the states, so please ignore the Irish English.)

Looking forward to having some lively discussions on the boards here.

deheerbill's picture
deheerbill from netherlands October 3, 2011 - 9:01pm

English Irish isn't so bad....I've done it all in Dutch..

CJ Roberts's picture
CJ Roberts from Salem, MA is reading goodreads.com/cjroberts_dmm October 4, 2011 - 11:48am

I have a blog that has been repurposed more times than there are posts within it. When I got started in marketing I was using it as a petri dish for social strategy and all kinds of crazy ideas but as I learned more it became a personal blog for my own thoughts and etc. I recently redid it again and now its a dumping ground for all the drivel fit to post.

pathetique's picture
pathetique from Seattle is reading Dead Stars October 4, 2011 - 11:55am

Originally I just got a blog to talk about my stuff that's in other places, but I really never update it.

Tejun's picture
Tejun from The West is reading Marque De Saude October 4, 2011 - 1:33pm
Instag8r's picture
Instag8r from Residing in Parker, CO but originally from WV is reading Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy October 4, 2011 - 3:18pm

I actually just started a blog today. Readers of the blog will follow my journey as I write a novel. The concept is all laid out in the first post.

Please take a look.

Anthony David Jacques's picture
Anthony David J... from The Internet is reading two or three books at once. October 4, 2011 - 4:03pm

Http://anthonydavidjacques.com

Noir, philosophy, music and sometimes whiskey.

Did a short story every week last year and posted them each Sunday (which means I wrote mostly on Saturday nights). The lion's share were shit, a few were good enough to revise and rework and eventually submit. Out of those, one rejection and four publications. One in print! That was a first for me and it makes it all worth it.

I've done some "blog" entries, earlier this year, but I think I'm not really a blogger. I just sound ranty when I blog. I hate the blogger in me. He's an asshole.

So that's that.

kah's picture
kah from Ewan is reading everything on al gore's information super highway October 4, 2011 - 4:12pm

my crap, and i use that term lovingly, can be found at kah's crap:  http://www.kahscrap.com

Sarah Metts's picture
Sarah Metts from Rock Hill, SC is reading A Game of Thrones October 4, 2011 - 7:44pm

Challenged myself to write a 100 word story each day for a year...behind in schedule by, oh...2ish months. Not all of them are golden but they have been an enjoyable, low stress exercise. Here ya go: liiiiiink!

CSrygley's picture
CSrygley from Arkansas is reading This list would have to be updated almost daily, so I'll just say I'm reading a lot of YA right now! October 5, 2011 - 2:20pm

After reading some of your blogs I've decided to give it a try and see what happens.  I need somewhere to post my novel-in-progress.  This blog is brand new, but I plan on updating daily just to make sure I'm writing something, somewhere.  I will post whatever pages I crank out each day, but I'm sure sometimes I will have to resort to rambling when inspiration doesn't strike.  I am writing a young adult fantasy novel...so if that seems like something you'd be interested reading/critiquing...come check me out!  WishUponAPage

Greg Eidson's picture
Greg Eidson from Los Angeles, CA is reading THOMAS PYNCHON'S BLEEDING EDGE October 5, 2011 - 2:31pm

This is me just bitching about things that happen in my life. Some things that I find funny, and others that suck. But mostly everything is funny to me. In a pretty prose-y way. Come on my journey of babies, drugs, car crashes, one night stands, self-mutilation and cigarettes.

Cody_Jo's picture
Cody_Jo from New Mexico is reading Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World October 5, 2011 - 4:54pm
I am a student of Literature, Creative-Writing, & Philosophy - but I also design web-sites to express different aspects of my creativity. They are well maintained & aesthetically sharp. If you would like to read samples of my writing, please visit the last site.

A Literature-based Site:

A Gallery of Inspirational Art:

A Theater of Creative Writings:

Mhammer's picture
Mhammer from Wisconsin is reading Spindle's End October 5, 2011 - 9:25pm

I have inkblabber.wordpress.com I was actually incredibly proud of the punny name I thought I came up with, and then very sad when I had to explain it all the time.  So, bonus if you get it and no worries if you don't. It's still realitively new, but it's my goal to always update twice a week, even if just to keep me writing.

One day I plan to start a blog of the crazy things that have happened to me while in retail, but I still need more material for that first, I feel.  Though, at the rate I'm going, that won't take long.

Sheldon Nylander's picture
Sheldon Nylander from Venice is reading A Game of Thrones, History of God, The Wind's Twelve Quarters October 5, 2011 - 9:38pm

I maintain a personal blog at http://sheldonnylander.com/

It's basically nothing but my own little soapbox for what ever I feel like writing at the time. Journal entries, rants, book reviews, etc. Once I finish my manuscript, I'm planning on using it as a promotional platform. We'll see how it all works out. I know that it's kind of a mix of stuff to have on there, but frankly I'm too busy (not to mention too lazy) to run more than one blog at a time.

A. Mason Carpenter's picture
A. Mason Carpenter from USA is reading The Power of Myth, by Joseph Campbell October 9, 2011 - 12:00am

Posting in this thread has doubled traffic to my blog.  That's how sad blogging can be.  Thanks everyone who checked out my rambling, complaining, and various abuses of the English language.  I am trying to make my way through all the sites in this thread, but my attention keeps going back to my novel.  I will be glad when draft is finished, maybe my brain will start working on other things for a while.  Thanks again for reading.

Danny grant's picture
Danny grant October 9, 2011 - 6:11am

http://conversationsinaburninghouse.blogspot.com/ is a blog I started to put some of my random poems and short stories on, although it only consist of the former.