Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 9, 2012 - 8:13pm

Thanks Dave still can't figure it out lol.

Dave's picture
Dave from a city near you is reading constantly October 9, 2012 - 8:13pm

no workie

Use the icon that looks like the film strip

on youtube, use the "share" button, copy the link, then paste into the Lit dialogue box

standby for pics

Courtney's picture
Courtney from the Midwest is reading Monkey: A Journey to the West and a thousand college textbooks October 9, 2012 - 8:14pm

Courtney's picture
Courtney from the Midwest is reading Monkey: A Journey to the West and a thousand college textbooks October 9, 2012 - 8:15pm

In the meantime. Because WAR is not complete without a song for every page.

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 9, 2012 - 8:17pm

@Courtney. Thank you so much! I've been trying 20 min to get that song on here. I figured it out last night and forgot how to do it. You are the shit!

Dave's picture
Dave from a city near you is reading constantly October 9, 2012 - 8:20pm

Youtube

Lit Post a New Comment

Brings up this

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 9, 2012 - 8:26pm

Oh I see now Dave. Thanks alot. I'll be ready next time, but you so should had straight up jacked the slot for the new song. Your a good man.

Courtney's picture
Courtney from the Midwest is reading Monkey: A Journey to the West and a thousand college textbooks October 9, 2012 - 8:26pm

Dave, did you take pictures of your computer screen instead of using the print screen button?

Emma C's picture
Class Facilitator
Emma C from Los Angeles is reading Black Spire by Delilah Dawson October 9, 2012 - 8:37pm

Pretty pretty!

YES Joe Hill please! As if.

Zed's dead, baby. My puppy is going to be Butch's girlfriend for Halloween! She already has the sexy pot belly.

Dave's picture
Dave from a city near you is reading constantly October 9, 2012 - 8:46pm

Yeah. Im lazy.

Courtney's picture
Courtney from the Midwest is reading Monkey: A Journey to the West and a thousand college textbooks October 9, 2012 - 8:51pm

It was a serious question. I've always wondered if that's what's happened when pictures look like that or if some sort of uploading process destroyed them. I'm that stupid.

Dave's picture
Dave from a city near you is reading constantly October 9, 2012 - 9:04pm

No worries. Screen cap'ing would require i create an image file then crop it down to what Im trying to show.

Or snap a pic with my phone and upload it straight to photobucket then slap it on the lit.

But yeah, video screens look weird when photo'd or videoed by another electronic.

vespr's picture
vespr from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is reading everything Daphne Du Maurier and Haruki Murakami October 10, 2012 - 2:04am

what does, 'the basic format of the Beyond Thunderdome writer battles' mean?

Dave's picture
Dave from a city near you is reading constantly October 10, 2012 - 2:11am

I think it means that youll get your prompt, have a week to write then a week of voting.

Laramore Black's picture
Laramore Black from Joplin, Missouri is reading Mario Kart 8 October 10, 2012 - 4:02am

I wouldn't miss this for the world.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry October 10, 2012 - 4:35am

Glad to see your return, Abottoir. Thanks for bringing your own battle name.

vespr's picture
vespr from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is reading everything Daphne Du Maurier and Haruki Murakami October 10, 2012 - 4:56am

oh, all right :) thanks, dave.

Hector Acosta's picture
Hector Acosta from Dallas is reading Fletch October 10, 2012 - 5:34am

RAW! I mean, WAR.

TomorrowHill's picture
TomorrowHill from Newfoundland, Canada is reading your mind. You like Castlevania, don't you? October 10, 2012 - 6:01am

Wow, I leave this thread for a day and it becomes a total love-fest. Donations? Compliments??? TUTORIALS?!?!?! Is this a new WAR tactic? We lure our opponents in with kindness and gifts, then - WHAM - right in the semicolons?

...I love it!

Count me in for a 1-3 month workshop sponsorship :)

wickedvoodoo's picture
wickedvoodoo from Mansfield, England is reading stuff. October 10, 2012 - 6:40am

ALL SHALL FALL

wickedvoodoo's picture
wickedvoodoo from Mansfield, England is reading stuff. October 10, 2012 - 6:42am

I love having an excuse to post over-the-top black metal videos. So much fun.

sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres October 10, 2012 - 6:54am

post more black metal!!!!!

Emma C's picture
Class Facilitator
Emma C from Los Angeles is reading Black Spire by Delilah Dawson October 10, 2012 - 7:37am

Yes, more black metal, please!

Sound's picture
Sound from Azusa, CA is reading Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt October 10, 2012 - 7:53am

Just ten more slots!

And, please, no more black metal.

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch October 10, 2012 - 8:42am

So... umm, I demand an answer! After the first battle, the losers battle again, and the winners battle again, and half of each go to the second round? I'm just curious about the technicalities.

SConley's picture
SConley from Texas is reading Coin Locker Babies October 10, 2012 - 8:44am

I'll go this time if there's still room.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters October 10, 2012 - 8:50am

Conley - cool to see you!

Liana - I thought I did answer, sorry.  You have to lose twice to get eliminated.  So after round 1 the losers go to a loser bracket.  Then in round 2 the winners from the loser bracket advance and the losers of the winners bracket drop into the losers bracket and battle the winners of the losers bracket.

Make sense?

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry October 10, 2012 - 8:53am

Conley?  No shit?  Well then yes, you're in.

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch October 10, 2012 - 9:06am

Oh, I kinda get it. I'm sure it will make more sense when I see it in action. Thanks Av.

NikKorpon's picture
NikKorpon from Baltimore is reading Book and books and books and October 10, 2012 - 9:14am

I'm more into East Coast punk, and Keith Morris-era Black Flag, but this does the trick.

Laramore Black's picture
Laramore Black from Joplin, Missouri is reading Mario Kart 8 October 10, 2012 - 9:25am

I'm about to have a nervous breakdown.

My head really hurts.

Emma C's picture
Class Facilitator
Emma C from Los Angeles is reading Black Spire by Delilah Dawson October 10, 2012 - 9:41am

Yes, I will also accept Black Flag (I mostly think metal is funny). Good call, Nik.

wickedvoodoo's picture
wickedvoodoo from Mansfield, England is reading stuff. October 10, 2012 - 9:44am

A lot of metal IS very funny!

Michael Thomas's picture
Michael Thomas from South Jersey is reading books October 10, 2012 - 10:14am

for those still holding on to black metal:

jyh's picture
jyh from VA is reading whatever he feels like October 10, 2012 - 10:48am

Jim James read my diary.

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading Wanderers by Chuck Wendig October 10, 2012 - 10:59am

Just a personal request, since a lot of people read/post at work and some of us (me) have toddlers we'd like to have naps--could we not put the videos to auto-play? Especially because if more than one person does it on the same page it's a little much.

Or I'm the neighborhood old lady telling you to turn that noise down! But really.

.'s picture
. October 10, 2012 - 11:08am

I agree with Renee.

Unless it's MMJ.

sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres October 10, 2012 - 11:21am

hey everyone...the Books & Booze people would like for you all to stop corrupting the morals of our children...thank you

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry October 10, 2012 - 11:39am

If you just put a little gin in her formula she'll still drop off at nap time.

Ben Freeman's picture
Ben Freeman from Charlottesville, Virginia is reading everything I can October 10, 2012 - 12:58pm

We need a proper war chant for WAR

PandaMask's picture
PandaMask from Los Angeles is reading More Than Human October 10, 2012 - 4:21pm

SIGN ME UP!!!

Dave's picture
Dave from a city near you is reading constantly October 10, 2012 - 4:41pm

PandaMask's picture
PandaMask from Los Angeles is reading More Than Human October 10, 2012 - 4:51pm

DAVE!!!! That's my new default. If I can fit it.

Sound's picture
Sound from Azusa, CA is reading Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt October 10, 2012 - 7:51pm

I'm starting to think we're not going to fill up all the slots, let alone the alternates.

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 10, 2012 - 7:54pm

Sound. It's been three days. There is two thirds of a month to fill it. If you build it they will come. Simmer down now.

Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz October 10, 2012 - 8:15pm

Oh, they will get full...mark my words. With Litbloods.

wickedvoodoo's picture
wickedvoodoo from Mansfield, England is reading stuff. October 10, 2012 - 8:28pm

My augur sense tells me there will be no problem filling the slots. At least initially.

The problem will be keeping sixty four people committed. Last time we had one no-show in round 1 and one person pull out later due to unforseens. We had the contingencies to deal with that and we rocked on.

We have exponentially increased the participants though, so there will be a similar increase in the probability people have to withdraw. Plus there's the fact that WAR is a lot easier on this end. Signing up is a doddle, the actual battle could be another story.

I fear we'll need those substitutes. I also hope people are aware of how much time this can take up. There's a lot of reading involved and, y'know, the writing bit. If you aren't tough enough to give WAR its due then don't sign up!

Emma C's picture
Class Facilitator
Emma C from Los Angeles is reading Black Spire by Delilah Dawson October 10, 2012 - 8:32pm

When did it go from 32 to 64? I could have sworn when I signed up it was 32. Either way, I'm still in.

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading Wanderers by Chuck Wendig October 10, 2012 - 8:36pm

WAKKA WAKKA!

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 10, 2012 - 8:43pm

From what I gather (because it was clearly posted in Utah's introduction) It was 32 last year and 64 this year. Then I had to slap my dear friend Utah that I just met in the face and tell Him(because he might be God) (so maybe I plead really) to add more numbers to the damn thing.