Stacy Kear's picture
Stacy Kear from Bucyrus, Ohio lives in New Jersey is reading The Art of War October 8, 2012 - 4:34pm

Brown doesn't suit you

@ Sound I would venture a guess that you do not have a girlfriend, or interact socially with anyone of the female persuasion.

I'm scared for you.

sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres October 8, 2012 - 4:37pm

kirakirachan's picture
kirakirachan October 8, 2012 - 4:55pm

WAR

leah_beth's picture
leah_beth from New Jersey - now in Charleston, SC is reading five different books at once. October 8, 2012 - 4:58pm

WAR

Because....I mean...why the hell WOULDN'T any of us want in?  :)

Awesome - let the trash talk begin...but I should add now...I suck at trash talk.

leah_beth's picture

WAR

Because....I mean...why the hell WOULDN'T any of us want in?  :)

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 8, 2012 - 5:11pm

@ Leah, Damn Leah you are so bad at trash talk you had to say it twice. Awesome you're joining us. Loved "Driving After Dark"

@Sean. S.O.B. I was hoping to highjack this page with some Rage against the Machine war music.

OtisTheBulldog's picture
OtisTheBulldog from Somerville, MA is reading The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz October 8, 2012 - 5:08pm

If you need a quick primer in trash talking, I suggest renting White Men Can't Jump. After that, you'll be money.

leah_beth's picture
leah_beth from New Jersey - now in Charleston, SC is reading five different books at once. October 8, 2012 - 5:15pm

Thanks, Jonathan - yep, that's my plan - just say everything twice. Only when will you see how truly scary I can be!

(No clue why it posted twice...grumble grumble)

And Otis...thanks. I'll...um...check it out and you just wait. Trash Talk Central.

Emma C's picture
Class Facilitator
Emma C from Los Angeles is reading Black Spire by Delilah Dawson October 8, 2012 - 5:19pm

@Sean DAMMIT I WAS ABOUT TO UPLOAD A VIDEO. Now I have to park here until page 5 opens up. I get enough Slayer at home, too.

Emma C's picture
Class Facilitator
Emma C from Los Angeles is reading Black Spire by Delilah Dawson October 8, 2012 - 5:24pm

@Avery I may need to hit you up if I ever end up making my "cute girls flipping you off" coffee table book. So far I only have about 200 photos of myself and five of other girls.

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 8, 2012 - 5:24pm

@Emma you may have to fight me for it.

Emma C's picture
Class Facilitator
Emma C from Los Angeles is reading Black Spire by Delilah Dawson October 8, 2012 - 5:42pm

@Jonathan Dude, mine's Finnish Folk-Metal. Nothing says war like metal vikings in face paint and cosplayers.

And in the end I'll be THE LAST MAN STANDING:

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 8, 2012 - 5:34pm

O.k. You win. I'll hang around until page 6

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 8, 2012 - 5:41pm

O.K. guys this is a link for a simple easy to understand 8 man double elimination tournament chart. Imagine this times 64. Simple as that. Hope this helps.

leah_beth's picture
leah_beth from New Jersey - now in Charleston, SC is reading five different books at once. October 8, 2012 - 6:13pm

Hoooozah! I am the Trash Talk Master!! It says so on the list!!!

So...yeah.  That happened.  :)

.'s picture
. October 8, 2012 - 6:15pm

Fine, I don't need a war name anyway. Cuz I don't need a name to kick ass!

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 8, 2012 - 6:21pm

@Jacks I need a war name too. How bout for you. I figured you got Jacks username as sort of a Fightclub reference so to stick with the theme: Jack's Smirking Revenge

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters October 8, 2012 - 6:24pm

@Emma - I'll totally be in your book.  I'll tell people it's my first print publication...

@Jacks - you don't get a War name by asking for one.  You get a war name by earning it with your awesome-ness.  Which is why I don't have one.

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 8, 2012 - 6:27pm

@Jacks, You didn't have to ask for it. I've been calling you that in my head since the Scare us Competition. You did earn it.

Ben Freeman's picture
Ben Freeman from Charlottesville, Virginia is reading everything I can October 8, 2012 - 6:29pm

We going Sizzler! We going Sizzler!

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters October 8, 2012 - 6:45pm

@JR - please don't encourage him.

Sound's picture
Sound from Azusa, CA is reading Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt October 8, 2012 - 7:00pm

@Stacy: That's a big assumption. Especially since your only basis is the fact that I'm rude. Plenty of jerks have girlfriends.

Emma C's picture
Class Facilitator
Emma C from Los Angeles is reading Black Spire by Delilah Dawson October 8, 2012 - 6:56pm

I got a kickass war name by asking for one, but I was already clearly awesome.

I'm voting for Jack's Bloody Battle Axe

FoxyLenz's picture
FoxyLenz from Shangri -L.I is reading Mists of Avalon October 8, 2012 - 6:55pm

I'm down...

Boone Spaulding's picture
Boone Spaulding from Coldwater, Michigan, U.S.A. is reading Solarcide Presents: Nova Parade October 8, 2012 - 6:59pm

WAR - I'm in.

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 8, 2012 - 7:01pm

@Avery, well since you asked nicely.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters October 8, 2012 - 7:05pm

I'm completely in love with all of you awesome people who are joining up.  I'm incredibly proud that we've practically filled up in just about 2 days.  You guys kick ass.

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch October 8, 2012 - 7:19pm

Ummm.... I still think soccer had a better model but I bow to this one because it's the only one we have. But I still need to understand the basics: so the people who go in the losers' bracket write a second story, but also the winners write a second story? so then half the winners and half the losers actually lose the round?

And that's just the first round, or every round?

Wait, wait, I'm coming up with a war avatar. Don't read this before I get one!

jyh's picture
jyh from VA is reading whatever he feels like October 8, 2012 - 7:22pm

I was thinking about posting like 20 periods so I could start a new page and have my own song play...

but that would be shitty!

So here's an inspiring pic: (I don't know why he's naked and gigantic.)

Stacy Kear's picture
Stacy Kear from Bucyrus, Ohio lives in New Jersey is reading The Art of War October 8, 2012 - 7:35pm

@ Sound it was a ventured guess....but true lots of assholes have girlfriends but only stupid assholes tell girls they don't look good in something.  Are you a stupid asshole Sound? I'm just trash talking now, in the spirit of War!

Sound's picture
Sound from Azusa, CA is reading Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt October 8, 2012 - 7:49pm

I guess I am! Now about that hair....

Bahaha, kidding. Kidding.

Richard's picture
Richard from St. Louis is reading various anthologies October 8, 2012 - 8:12pm

@stacy - thanks

@avery - nice blouse :-)

.'s picture
. October 8, 2012 - 9:16pm

"You get a war name by earning it with your awesome-ness."

Oh I see!

"You didn't have to ask for it. I've been calling you that in my head since the Scare us Competition. You did earn it."

For you:

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 8, 2012 - 9:19pm

does this mean I get to be PacMan? I will worship you forever Jacks.

.'s picture
. October 8, 2012 - 9:38pm

After you eat three of these, I can guarantee you will be PacMan.

I laced the orange ones with LSD.

I've had enough of them, I'll stick with Jemkin.

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 8, 2012 - 9:45pm

Okay I'll eat them but after that I may want to be inky, pinky, blinky, or Clyde.

.'s picture
. October 8, 2012 - 9:51pm

Nobody wants to be Clyde. Clyde doesn't even want to be Clyde.

Where am I

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 8, 2012 - 9:54pm

Ok. we can rename Clyde. But I will not be winky. Rather be stinky.

telegraphkiss's picture
telegraphkiss from joplin, mo is reading microbiology notes, unfortunately October 8, 2012 - 10:01pm

...war

sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres October 8, 2012 - 10:36pm

@Stacy - I'm sorry, I meant to say earlier, I saw your comments, and you are awesome in my book.

Emma C's picture
Class Facilitator
Emma C from Los Angeles is reading Black Spire by Delilah Dawson October 8, 2012 - 10:42pm

New page please, I want to post my song and I also want to go to sleep. This is all I have going for me right now, y'all.

sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres October 8, 2012 - 10:43pm

you don't like Slayer Emma La Emme Nikita?

sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres October 8, 2012 - 10:44pm

and didn't you already post your song?

(see what I'm doing here?)

Emma C's picture
Class Facilitator
Emma C from Los Angeles is reading Black Spire by Delilah Dawson October 8, 2012 - 10:56pm

No, that was Swedish power metal and it's not on auto play. The song I was talking about is Finnish Folk Metal. There's a difference.

Emma C's picture
Class Facilitator
Emma C from Los Angeles is reading Black Spire by Delilah Dawson October 8, 2012 - 11:01pm

Ha. Funny story about Slayer. I used to be am a metal/rock/punk chick. I was a bouncer at a punk rock club in Austin Texas, and I got into Slayer by peer pressure. My favourite album was South of Heaven (followed by Seasons in the Abyss). Then my boyfriend took me to see Slayer at La Zona Rosa and it was awful, not because of the music, but because of the Slayer fans. I had a kind of girl-fit halfway through and made him leave early because I couldn't take the oogling by fat hairy guys without social skills any more. I associate Slayer with their fans.

Nowadays my husband is in law school and working 40 hours a week for the VA so he listens to Slayer constantly to unwind. We squabble about it regularly. He's gotten a modicum of revenge by getting me pretty intensely into Iron Maiden.

(and now I want to embed The Trooper in the next page. Dammit.)

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 8, 2012 - 11:08pm

What's a Slayer?

Emma C's picture
Class Facilitator
Emma C from Los Angeles is reading Black Spire by Delilah Dawson October 8, 2012 - 11:09pm

@J.Y. I just looked at your inspirational poster and have to wonder why naked gigantic guy is jerking off on our brave man in uniform (who is clearly trying to duck out of the way).

Emma C's picture
Class Facilitator
Emma C from Los Angeles is reading Black Spire by Delilah Dawson October 8, 2012 - 11:11pm

@JR The lovely song you're listening to right now is Slayer. They are the ULTIMATE metal band. Their singer is Brazilian (right?) and had surgery to repair a headbanging-induced injury. Fans carve their name into their forearms (and oogle me at concerts). Henry Rollins listens to them when he works out on the elliptical machine.

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland October 8, 2012 - 11:12pm

I realized that J.Y.'s War Avatar is his regular one upside down. Does that mean he thinks he will be flipped over?

sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres October 8, 2012 - 11:14pm

I saw Slayer once...too many nazis, not a fan.  plus they were super boring.  oh well, in 8th grade, Seasons in the Abyss was the best tape I owned.