sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres March 28, 2013 - 1:26pm

- Not to get off topic, but fuck man, how did you do it? I can't, for the life of me, quit. I've tried patches and gum and inhalers, but nothing's worked. Please, please, tell me you have the secret.

no worries.

I honestly just decided I was done. I think that is the biggest key to success, just being ready to quit, wanting to quit.

I had tried before, and I'd realize I wasn't doing it for myself, but for other reasons that didn't mean as much to me. So I thought about it, realized I had smoked for half of my life, and how much health and money I'd save, then just stopped. Haven't had a single puff since.

And I smoked A LOT. So if I can do it, you can too.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 1:27pm

Oh, and I have a really kick-ass cat.

- My cat's awesomer than yours. Just sayin...

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 1:28pm

The real question is how did you start in the first place? Like, did someone peer pressure you into it, or did you just get curious?

I never understood the draw of smoking, but I understand the addiction once it starts.

Strange Photon's picture

Moon, tell me about your cat.

(just got a Hannibal Lecter vibe there)

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 1:30pm

- Curiosity killed the cat. See what I did there?

sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres March 28, 2013 - 1:31pm

But let's give it a rest for a while, can ya dig it?

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 1:32pm

See, I can handle violence toward human beings since we all deserve it, but killing cats is inexcusable.

Seriously, though, is that how you started, Moon? Just thought, hey, I like the smell and look of that?

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 1:33pm

LOL, we all see what ya did there and find it comical.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 1:39pm

@Sean - I don't know why everyone is so ready to fight; but you, me, Jessica, and I think 3 or 4 other people all live in the same state, mostly with in a few hours drive of each other. I think me and Mcvaughn are both going to the Joe Hill speaking at the Lexington Joeseph Beth. At the same time none of us have ever really got into it so maybe you're right.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 28, 2013 - 1:41pm

Time for a Dwayne/Sean deathmatch.

sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres March 28, 2013 - 1:43pm

I like that. I like that people can put aside their differences and meet like that. We hung out with Dakota (jacksusername) and Mark Vanderpool one night a little while back, and it was a blast! It's nice, because really, we're all here for the same thing, and most of us have a lot more in common than we pretend to.

Have fun at that, that should be pretty cool.

Sound's picture
Sound from Azusa, CA is reading Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt March 28, 2013 - 1:43pm

Did this thread blink out of existence for a second? So that's what the flag as offensive button does...

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 1:44pm

Deathmatches kick ass.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 1:45pm

@Sean - Me and Mcvaughn have differences to put aside? Like conflict?

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 28, 2013 - 1:45pm

I have no idea.  AD and I just emailed each other because we each thought the other had shut it down.

See guys, this is what happens when you piss off Kirk.  He just shows up and turns off your shit.  Doesn't even tell you about.  Just turns it off as a warning and assumes you'll get the message, which is that Kirk is not fucking amused.

NOT AMUSED!

sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres March 28, 2013 - 1:46pm

@Dwayne - No, I just meant in general. Not the two of you, sorry. When I re-read my post, I thought that same thing, but you posted before I could edit.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 1:46pm

- Not really. I started smoking pot first and with the excitement of starting to smoke pot comes all these great (looking back, asinine) ideas on how to get higher than you already are. One of these brilliant ideas was to smoke a Newport after getting stoned. Some stoned genius decided that Newports get you higher, so of course, me and all my friends wanted to get higher. That's pretty much how I started. But now, I smoke cigarettes because I'm addicted to them, not because I smoke pot. Haven't smoked pot in quite awhile.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 1:50pm

I'm only recently realizing that my own addiction to Oxy is no different than potheads, crackheads, or alcoholics, so it is fascinating to me how different people become addicted to different things.

And for the record... KIRK, I wouldn't be amused either... Utah can be amusing sometimes, but not this time!!! Ok, maybe a little.  *tscratches Utah's chin*

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 1:50pm

I've flagged spam as offensive before btw. I didn't notice anything happen.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 1:52pm

Damnit, Dwayne, had you said that a page and a half ago, none of this would have happened!

Way to go, Dwayne. *kicks dust on Dwayne's stylish shoes*

*then brushes them off because he's only joking with Dwayne*

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 1:55pm

- Addiction doesn't discriminate. I've met people who were making six figures who were crackheads. I've also seen the guy living under the bridge, scraping up change for his next bottle of Mad Dog. And, there are people such as yourself, who've gotten addicted because of a prescription. I'm assuming that's why you're taking Oxy. If I remember correctly, you said you were in a wheelchair.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 1:56pm

Okay I'm going to take a nap before work. Best of luck with the deathmatches, but I have to sit them out.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 2:00pm

No, I'be never been in a wheelchair, but I have had some serious injuries/bizarre medical issues that have caused me to need massive doses of painkillers on and off since childhood. Thank the flying spaghetti monster, though, that I can still walk, talk, and destroy.

Yeah, you're right about the nondiscriminatory policies of addiction, and part of me always knew that, but I'm sure you know how we all like to think that we're better than others who are actually just like us. I stupidly used to think that drunks and potheads were somehow inferior to me even though I was a pill popper and occasionally a syringe sticker, but I've come to realize that every last one of us sucks equally.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 2:07pm

One thing I've learned is a drug is a drug is a drug. Doesn't matter if its alcohol, pot, coke, crack, heroin, meth or oxy's. and it doesn't matter the intake either. Shooting dope is no better, or worse, than snorting it. Just don't get to Mötley Crüe level and shoot up Jack Daniels to come off the coke. That's just insane.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 2:10pm

Well, that, and the music itself.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 2:32pm

@Moon - The intake doesn't matter in the sense of 'are you an addict'? It does matter in the sense of 'do you have hepatitis'?

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 2:29pm

Well, that, and the music itself.

- Is that a dig on the Crue? If so, our battle just got a lot bloodier. I was gonna eviscerate you, but now I'm going to crucify you.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 2:32pm

@Moon - The intake doesn't matter in the sense of 'are you an addict'? It does matter in the sense of 'do you have habitats'?

- I really have no idea what you're trying to say here. But, I do have a home, so yes, I have a habitat.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 2:34pm

I tried to post without my glasses on and my autocorrect doesn't know the word hepatitis.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 2:35pm

I specificly meant it as a dig on the Crue, and in the specific hopes that you'll tie me to a cross, put nails in my hands and feet and hoist me up till I die. I want a three day weekend.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 2:38pm

I'll pray for you Strange.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 2:38pm

- Yeah, intake doesn't matter in the sense of 'are you an addict.' But, it doesn't necessarily mean it does if you have hepatitis. You can get get hepatitis from any dirty needle, like a tattoo needle.

But, that was my point, though. An addict is an addict despite how they get the drug into their body.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 2:40pm

I want a three day weekend.

- This is why you're awesome, Strange. It's going to be bittersweet beating you.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 2:41pm

I'm awesome for so many reasons, that is but only one.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 2:47pm

Not saying that everyone with hep. got it from being an addict, just that it creeps up on almost certainty for intravenous drug users.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 2:47pm

The key is to only use your own needle, and only use it once.

Or so I'm told...

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 2:51pm

just that it creeps up on almost certainty for intravenous drug users.

- Yes it does. I can relate...

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 3:34pm

So, you smoke, you shoot, you wear kick-ass glasses, what else?

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 3:37pm

I smoke and wet glasses. I do not shoot anymore. I am clean and happy.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 3:38pm

If I had a commemorative chip to give you, I really would. I imagine that was as hard to kick as smoking will be.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 3:45pm

Actually, smoking is way harder. But, thanks, man!

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 4:01pm

No prob. Commemorative chips from me will be worth a lot someday.

fport's picture
fport from Canada is reading The World Until Yesterday - Jared Diamond March 28, 2013 - 5:45pm

Ya, well, all's well that ends well.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 6:48pm

@fport - Please just be nice. You just equated one heterosexual man platonically encouraging/congratulating another heterosexual man to/for being clean off a serious drug addiction with forced homosexual acts between superheroes. Even as a joke that is just so odd it seems out of place, even on the internet. And this is me saying this, and I'm a jerk.

@Moon and Strange - Good job on the avoid drugs, and if one/both of you is not heterosexual and I missed it, my bad I guess; but I don't think that makes what fport said any less crazy/weird/inappropriate.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 7:00pm

@Dwayne: Thank you, kind sir. I am heterosexual and what fport posted was utterly lost on me. But, 99% of what he posts is lost on me.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 7:12pm

Me too mostly, but the link is too a picture of Batman and Superman being forced by the owners of DC to touch their genitals together.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 7:24pm

Wow, weird. Even outside the context of me and Photon's posts, that is fucking creepy.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 8:24pm

Yeah, in the context of a serious comment it was just too much.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 28, 2013 - 7:59pm

That is actually what I imagined as the context of Moon's and Photon's posts. fport, Dwayne may think you're crazy, but I  think you're spot on.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 8:33pm

Stop stirring the pot Utah.