Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch March 28, 2013 - 9:13am

You three, get a room.

(trying out my mocking claws)

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 10:11am

I'm not into three-ways, but if Utah can turn his back and wait his turn, I'd be okay with it. Of course, that is only if Avery is too, I'm not into force at all.

EDIT: I removed the line through my comments - which didn't belong there - and in the future will not make any jokes of a sexual nature about Avery. If she had expressed her displeasure with the first one, the very first time I made it, I wouldn't have repeated it. I am a respectful person, when someone tells me they're offended instead of silently and arbitrarily censoring me. I am still a respectful person even when they do said action, hence why I will never make sexual jokes about Avery in the future. I certainly hope I don't see any inuendoes in past posts about her, and if there are future sexual jokes about Avery, I hope they receive treatment consistent with the treatment I received.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 28, 2013 - 9:36am

Oh SNAP!  You jus' got censored, muthafucka!

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 9:41am

Strange you should be flattered to be on a list with me.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters March 28, 2013 - 9:42am

I may be evil, but I'm still a lady.

Bekanator's picture
Bekanator from Kamloops, British Columbia is reading Ugly Girls by Lindsay Hunter March 28, 2013 - 9:43am

Okay, serious question time. Did Photon censor himeslf or is that seriously what happens when you flag a comment as offensive?

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 10:10am

Utah, no kidding this time, I told you I didn't mind if you added stuff to my posts afterward (if abusing your 'power' got your rocks off somehow) but I told you NOT to alter what I post, itself.

Not cool.

And, Avery, it is precisely that you're a lady which makes me ok with the idea of us getting a room. If you weren't a lady, I'd have no interest.

Dwayne, I belong on no list of any kind, with anyone. I am one of a kind and thusly deserve my own list.

Bekanator's picture
Bekanator from Kamloops, British Columbia is reading Ugly Girls by Lindsay Hunter March 28, 2013 - 9:49am

Okay, well I'm clearly dense.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters March 28, 2013 - 9:50am

No, that's what happens when I find something rude and decide to edit your post.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 9:51am

Are you serious???

Sound's picture
Sound from Azusa, CA is reading Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt March 28, 2013 - 9:55am

I'm pretty psyched for my story..It's been rattling around in my head in various forms for at least a year and the prompt was the final piece I needed to put it together. Look out, Renfield. Look out.

Bekanator's picture
Bekanator from Kamloops, British Columbia is reading Ugly Girls by Lindsay Hunter March 28, 2013 - 9:56am

@Sound - I do believe you've posted in the wrong thread. However, it does ease the tension.

Sound's picture
Sound from Azusa, CA is reading Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt March 28, 2013 - 9:57am

Damn it. I was wondering where my post went. Frankly, I'm surprised this discussion is still going.

Sound's picture
Sound from Azusa, CA is reading Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt March 28, 2013 - 9:58am

[double post]

Brandon's picture
Brandon from KCMO is reading Made to Break March 28, 2013 - 9:57am

And now double-posties!!

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 9:58am

It wasn't until Utah was playing funny man - which I did think was funny - and I played along.

Then things stopped being funny and I am not pleased at all with the outcome.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 10:01am

@Averydoll - http://www.hark.com/clips/rncyzmwzhk-youre-quasi-evil-youre-semi-evil

@Strange - Doesn't everyone think that?

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 10:05am

Dwayne, you're absolutely right. I find humor in subtle irony.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 10:18am

@Strange - You seem cool, but the way you portray yourself I don't think many folks are looking for subtle irony from you.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 10:18am

LOL, you are an intuitive man, Dwayne.  :)

Yeah, in day to day life, subtle and/or ironic aren't typical descriptors for me. I am a good man, but not a subtle man.

That comment about being on no list was indeed meant, however, as ironic because of the fact that everyone thinks they're special. Even me!

sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres March 28, 2013 - 10:41am

This is an honest question: I'm curious, why would you make a sexual "joke" specifically toward Averydoll in the first place? Is that how you live in the real world? Do you randomly tell female friends and acquaintances and random women on the street jokes like these?

And how does your "woman" (your words, not mine) feel about you making sexual remarks toward other women? doesn't that upset her? maybe not, I'm just asking.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 11:00am

Sean, my woman would have, and has had (since she likes to read over my shoulder) no problem with anything I've said on this site since she has a good sense of humor, keen intelligence, and confidence in where my loyalties truly reside.

I've been reading these threads for closing in on a year now, and I've enjoyed the pervasive wit and playfully ribald jocularity I've seen from most everyone here, directed at most everyone else. I came to believe that there was a communal sense of fraternity (not meant in the gender-specific sense) and as such, we were all of the same mind that a joke is a joke. I came to feel (possibly incorrectly) that I was part of this communal goofing and acted as such. Since my joke was neither random (as it was in reference to another user's remark to get a room) nor was it specifically aimed AT Avery (as Utah was included, and it wasn't some sort of mean-spirited attack AT her), I fail to see the issue other than her own personal offense to the remarks - which I have since noted and she and I have agreed to move on from.

If you'd like to have hte horse's corpse to yourself, you're welcome to it.

PS - for anyone who feels my referring to my woman as 'my woman' is some sort of disrespectful and demeaning label meant to keep her barefoot and in the kitchen, you're completely wrong. She and I are engaged, so I can't call her my wife, and she hates the words girlfriend (since we're more than that, and not in high school anymore) and we both think fiancee sounds pretentious when used repeatedly. So when I asked her long ago what I should call her, she said, "Well, I call you my man, so it's only fair that you call me your woman."

Hope all that answers your honest questions and curiosity.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 28, 2013 - 11:19am

Utah was included

That's total bullshit, man!  You said I'd have to turn my back.  I was not included!  Don't try to get me to join your perverse club of perverts when you specifically banned me before you even chartered.

Flagged as offensive.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 11:21am

Dude, I totally had an awesome, and hilarious response, but I'm not allowed to post it. I can send it to you via PM if you really want to hear it.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 28, 2013 - 11:23am

^ What the fuck, Photon?  You get all up in arms if someone censors your words, but then you come along and censor mine?  Not cool, man.

Not cool.

Fascist.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 11:24am

??? scratching my head here.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 11:27am

I believe that this is the first time we' e had flagged posts. Way to go, guys! For some reason I think this post will be flagged just for shits and giggles.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 28, 2013 - 11:28am

DON'T YOU TEMPT ME!

Flagged as offensive

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 11:30am

Seriously, though, I wouldn't flag anyone's post for any reason. I find that morally reprehensible. So, Utah, I had nothing to do with it. I'm still a fascist, just not the fascist who flagged your shit, man.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 11:30am

Utah sucks! Not you, man. Relax! The state! Thes state! Please, for the love of god, don't flag me!!!

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 11:32am

I must say, this site is still worth the shitstorms. You guys make me smile.

No homo.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 28, 2013 - 11:32am

SON OF A BITCH!  WHO KEEPS CENSORING ME!  I'M A FUCKING WRITER!  MY SHIT IS GOLDEN!  THAT'S RIGHT, I SHIT GOLD!  SO WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, UNJUST POWER-WIELDER WHO KEEPS CENSORING THE GOLDEN NUGGETS I KEEP DROPPING IN HERE AS IF THEY WERE HOT!  WHAT THE FUCK!

Sound's picture
Sound from Azusa, CA is reading Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt March 28, 2013 - 11:33am

Seriously, though. Is that what it does when  you flag as offensive? Because you can still read the "offensive" post...

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 11:35am

It doesn't have to be golden to still deserve to not be censored. But, yes, Utah, your excrement is indeed a precious metal.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 28, 2013 - 11:38am

It doesn't have to be golden to still deserve to not be censored.

I wasn't talking about your shit, I was talking about my shit.  My golden shit.  After a long afternoon at the Chinese buffet I keep that shit, I store it and I sell it to little ladies at high-end specialty shops to make jewelry out of it.

My shit.

Flagged as insensitive to Strange Photon's delicate feelings.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 11:40am

My feelings are apparently not the only delicate things in this place.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 28, 2013 - 11:43am

My feelings are apparently not the only delicate things in this place.

Flagged as unnecessary return to deceased equine.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 11:48am

I was referring to your  grip on sanity, dude. I thought it was funny, and didn't need explaining, but again, I was apparently wrong.

sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres March 28, 2013 - 11:49am

@Strange photon: Here, I can talk like you, instead of asking honest questions and giving you the chance to respond.

you better stop talking about my woman, or we can take this outside. Tell another joke referencing your inadequate but constantly overcompensated for dick being anywhere near my woman, and I'll treat you like a pathetic sniveling stepchild.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 28, 2013 - 11:50am

I was referring to your sanity, dude.

People do that from time to time.  It invariably winds up with lines through their printed words.

LET THIS BE A LESSON TO THE REST OF YOU!

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 11:52am

Uh... Sean, what are you even talking about?

sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres March 28, 2013 - 12:00pm

Uh... Sean, what are you even talking about?

I asked you politely and respectfully why you would make sex jokes directed at averydoll. I would have asked you this no matter who it was you directed your "joke" at, but this happened to be a special case, as she, Averydoll, is my "girlfriend." You came back with a righteaous response basically telling me I was in the wrong for saying anything, referencing kicking a dead horse, and overall dismissing the fact that you did anything wrong.

So, I tried to say what I had to say bluntly and in a way that you couldn't possibly misunderstand, but unfortunately did that wrong too. Possibly because i didn't end it with "...suck my dick?"

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 12:02pm

Oh, I think I'm getting this... so, you're saying you were trying to threaten me?

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 28, 2013 - 12:03pm

Seriously, though. Is that what it does when  you flag as offensive?

No idea.  I'm actually not sure anything has ever actually been flagged as offensive.

Bekanator's picture
Bekanator from Kamloops, British Columbia is reading Ugly Girls by Lindsay Hunter March 28, 2013 - 12:05pm

Imma gonna flag you, bro.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 12:07pm

Do it!!!

I am curious now that he's said nothing has been flagged before.

Bekanator's picture
Bekanator from Kamloops, British Columbia is reading Ugly Girls by Lindsay Hunter March 28, 2013 - 12:08pm

He'll probably be the one that ends up having to deal with it, probably.

sean of the dead's picture
sean of the dead from Madisonville, KY is reading Peckerwood, by Jed Ayres March 28, 2013 - 12:09pm

@StrangePhoton - how would you, personally, react if someone publicly "joked" about having sex with your girlfriend in a way that ends with them looking around the room for approval and nudging their buddies?

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 12:11pm

@ Bekkanator: Good point. Physician heal thyself, et cetera.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 12:10pm

Is this turning into a who has the bigger dick contest? If so, Dirk Diggler wins.