Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 6:26am

You're free to post as me, but don't change things I've already said.

Hell, posting as me might help my image here.

I am gentle, kind, and fun-loving.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 13, 2013 - 6:28am

And off the list you go!

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 6:31am

I've been on better, and worse, lists.

Hell, all my 'likes' of Palestinian organizations and Iranian media groups on Facebook likely has me on some much more serious lists. Though, none as fun-loving as yours, my friendly neighboood disembodied skull.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 13, 2013 - 6:35am

Skull no longer!

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 6:36am

The skull was sexier, and vastly more talented.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 13, 2013 - 6:44am

and vastly more talented

You just say that to promote your masculine oppression of those of us of the "weaker" sex.

Well I've got new for you, Mister Man!  The cat's out of the bag!  I'm free and capable and I can accomplish more than you "Old Boys Network" oppressors because I'm not all bound up by the sexist ideals that keep you and your ilk shackled to the 1950s!

You think you're so awesome because you're a big strong man, and you can do big strong man things.  Well I've been working out!  I've been taking Muy Thai kickboxing with my lesbian lover!  And I admit it, I love beating up sexist guys just to inspire a paradigm shift in their thinking.

WHO'S NEXT?  WHO'S NEXT?

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 6:52am

I think I'm so awesome because I can maintain an erection for 4-6 hours without the use of pills. Can you do that, Roseyskull?

I thought not.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 13, 2013 - 7:06am

My clit is bigger than your oh-so-impressive member, Mister Man!

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 7:10am

That should qualify you for Guiness then! I mean, I am no tripod, but damn, I'm slightly better than average. I'd say let's slap 'em down beside each other and measure, but I don't want to catch anything. Not 'cause you're gay, but because you are one filthy beast. I mean that in the most respectable way possible, of course.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters March 13, 2013 - 7:14am

See?  Now I much prefer this literal dick measuring contest to the figurative ones in other threads.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 7:23am

Avery, I was in no way saying you were on a power trip, or abusing your power, or any other derrogatory implication of the word power with my thread, I just kind of lost it when the one place I hoped to be a bastion of free expression, wasn't. You kinda knee jerked to my OP, but hey, no biggie. I hope you can at least see my side of this, even if you won't ever agree.

Everyone has their hot button issue. This is mine. Disgusting pseudo-women with vendettas against Donald Trump have hot buttons pushed when issues of Krispy Krreme closing down, or Chinese buffets asking her to leave, come into play.

That's right, Utah I said it. Your icon is fat.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters March 13, 2013 - 7:26am

I just kind of lost it

I totally agree.  Apology accepted.  All is forgiven.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 7:34am

Is there any chance for a poll to allow people to vote on whether or not to reopen the threads in question?

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 13, 2013 - 7:36am

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 7:49am

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 7:55am

How the fuck do your vids play without any prompting, and mine lay inert on the screen, like a virgin too afraid to move?

Brandon's picture
Brandon from KCMO is reading Made to Break March 13, 2013 - 7:53am

You set it to autoplay...the bane of office drones checking LitReactor at work.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 13, 2013 - 7:57am

What Brandon said.

Good movie choice, by the way.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 8:01am

Ah, ok, then for the sake of people trying to earn an honest living, I won't do that, but I will share a highly appropriate vid that will say everything that needs to be said in this situation...

Yeah, that about covers it.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 8:02am

GODDAMNIT!

Why the hell isn't my second vid choice working??? I did the exact same thing I did with the first one that worked fine. I really fucking hate technology...

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 8:06am

Alright, fuck you html bullshit, and fuck you techy stuff I can never seem to get right.

This is a link to the vid I wanted to share, which would capture how we are all feeling and unite us all like separate waves on one sweet, bright... ocean.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters March 13, 2013 - 8:06am

I think your link was busted.  Here I fixed it for you...

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 8:11am

See? Now that's some motherfucking teamwork right there.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 13, 2013 - 8:14am

I am the ocean.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 8:17am

So am I.

But Detective Munch is not Montel Williams.

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch March 13, 2013 - 11:23am

I'm glad at least there's a discussion about the issue of pushing sensitive buttons.

My trick is, I don't reveal my sensitive buttons so no one can push them. (or do I?)

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 11:33am

Sadly, my sensitive buttons are ones that everyone should have as well, but for various reasons, don't.

Anyone and everyone can say whatever the hell they want about me, I have no personal tender areas. It's when things happen, or people behave in certain ways that are unjust, unfair, and hypocritical that I lose the ability to let things roll off my back.

My woman says it's a Savior complex, I say it's just common (lately uncommon to the point of extinction) decency to care about principles over individuals' personal gains or relative and arbitray comfort.

Potato, potaato.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 13, 2013 - 12:16pm

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 13, 2013 - 1:16pm

Damnit, Dwayne, always expecting free pastries is not your most attractive trait.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 13, 2013 - 5:17pm

Is too.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters March 13, 2013 - 6:54pm

It really is.

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland March 13, 2013 - 7:05pm

Everytime I read the title of this thread I think about the last minute of this video clip.

jyh's picture
jyh from VA is reading whatever he feels like March 13, 2013 - 7:34pm

This comment was prevented until now by lag. I just couldn't wait, but the internet made me anyway.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 14, 2013 - 1:39am

Avery is just hurt she likes it when I expect free pastries.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 14, 2013 - 4:40am

See, Riley understands my pain.

Flybywrite's picture
Flybywrite from Rocky Point, Long Island is reading The Bride Comes to Yellow Sky, by Stephen Crane March 16, 2013 - 4:30am

Okay, briefly, I've been making sure my last weapon was dropped because clearly I did get overly Pop-eyed in my response.  I think I've mentioned I'm hardly the Jesus of the internet, (or that might have been in some crazier pages I threw out during the writing of that thing) and no, I've never really thought that Dwayne and Jeffery were the centers of evil.  I simply think it had become such a norm to club me over the head for my "astonishing style" or advise me on ways I might somehow become a less boring writer some day, by then, that even 3 or 4 or whatever months later it simply resumed. So, back in after finishing a novella, my lids nearly hit me in the forehead when I saw what I did, like some soup of the day for pouring over a particular head was back on the damned menu.

But, in a sense, though I didn feel there was any way I should take that one on the chin (I have no other chin to turn) attacking back, throwing dark sarcasm hatchets, all that shit, is useless.  I was trying to stay aware during my red spinach high, that counterattacks, unless they're attached to a somewhat constructive idea for a solution simply, as my friend Utah mentioned, replicate and perpetuate that same sickness. So anyway, gotta go chase little yellow fuzzy spherical objects all day and bash them.  In the meantime, I read something on this subject (which is all I want it as, not some who can pee furthest thing) weeks ago by a mid-nineteenth century genius that was right on this subject and was so brilliant it astounded me.  It was all over this kind of phenomonon, that a competive environment full of razor sharp minds where critique is part of the venue needs to remain I think intensely aware of.  That is if things are to remain free of senseless attacks and counterattacks and as peaceful and productive as they should.  I'll copy that by my litry hero in tonight, just to drill it into my own head a little further.

Rx, Flyby

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 16, 2013 - 5:14am

Seriously, I don't think 'peace' has much value for us. If we want to get anyplace as a writer, we'll have to face a lot worse then each other.

fport's picture
fport from Canada is reading The World Until Yesterday - Jared Diamond March 16, 2013 - 5:20pm

Speak only for yourself Dwayne, you're just a horrid man.

Flybywrite's picture
Flybywrite from Rocky Point, Long Island is reading The Bride Comes to Yellow Sky, by Stephen Crane March 21, 2013 - 7:50am

Hi everyone.  I've been reading all these things above being said about the real dangers of censorship which are true, and then how in debate it's also true, the essential nature and value of it is a more spontaneous, aggressive from of communication, that because its basis is competition that makes it much more prone to completely conceal desructive attackers from themselves, and makes into a fast moving blur what are and are not arrest-worthy inner crimes, against others. For instance, had I not headed straight for Mars the moment my eyelids hit me in the forehead two weeks or whatever ago now, I could have brought this issue up a lot more constructively, and their was the one focus I ought to have placed myself under house arrest for, and half-knew in advance there was a reason to aologize, that explained in retrospect why my stupid pointer finger was hanging up in the air for a bit.  And then posted like a how-to-guide, the latest example of how to completely skip town on spiritual values which are always pretty simple.

So, anyway, I've been thinking about these things, and hopefully writing a less mean-spirited thing that is my latest take on the subject, on and off since Mon.  I'll post it, as soon as I'm sure I've knocked all the stupid subjective wind out of it, as if I'm suddenly Deacon or Doctor Doink and an expert on more tender human relations, about to burst into tears at the next criticism.  Because that's hardly the case.

Rx, Flyby

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 21, 2013 - 11:20am

throwing dark sarcasm hatchets

Nice.  Wait.  Are you really my wife in disguise?

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 28, 2013 - 7:27am

Hey, Strange Photon!  I just censored the shit out of some marketing bots.  One of them even had an avatar.  You should start a thread about how I just robbed you of unique financial opportunities.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 7:49am

Not sure how to take that...

Kinda feel like you're mocking me, my feelings, my perspective on the principles of free expression, and/or my willingness to put myself out there and publicly voice a viewpoint that I knew would be possibly ridiculed (albeit I never knew just how much so).

Or... maybe you just want me to see that your 'defense' of the masses can have its positives. If that's the case, then I can't thank you enough and the Chocolate Cake of Gratitude will be in the mail post haste.

If that isn't the case, and you were indeed mocking me, then I'll have to mix some anthrax in with the Chocolate Cake of Gratitude batter before baking.

Seriously, though, I know you and Avery aren't always thorns in the side of justice. I figured you kept us all safe from the bots, just didn't realize you wanted Chocolate Cakes of Gratitude in return for your services. All you had to do was ask.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters March 28, 2013 - 7:54am

I assumed he was mocking you.  Which is why I laughed a bunch when I read it.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 7:57am

In that case, I'm genuinely hurt.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 28, 2013 - 8:02am

Not sure how to take that...

You should take it as a fucking joke, Mister Feelings-On-My-Sleeve!

Except for the bot-hammering part.  I really did that.  So I guess it's a serious joke.

At your expense.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 8:05am

I took it as a joke, and meant my response as a joke, until Avery said you were mocking me, then I took a second look to see if I had taken it too lightly.

So, whatever. I'm cool with it either way. From what I've seen, many of us here deserve to be mocked.

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry March 28, 2013 - 8:08am

Avery and I actually have an email system to decide who gets mocked on what day.  You drew the short straw today.

Never fear, I have a feeling that tomorrow it will be Dwayne.  Again.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 8:09am

Equating me with Dwayne is the most hurtful thing you have ever said... Fuck it, you don't get any cake, EVER.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters March 28, 2013 - 8:30am

until Avery said you were mocking me

I really am evil, aren't I?

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 9:01am

Is there really any question about this?