Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz November 30, 2011 - 7:05pm

I would like to try Dendrophilia, a.k.a Arborphilia, a.k.a Paraphilia. Love of trees in the sexual sense.

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch November 30, 2011 - 9:09pm

I hope to have it mid-Dec too. Been horribly busy.

Chester, can one get diseases from sex with a tree?

aliensoul77's picture
aliensoul77 from a cold distant star is reading the writing on the wall. November 30, 2011 - 9:43pm

@Chester, write whatever you want, I just want people to write a story for it.

@Liana--You can get stickywick disorder, it's when you get sap on your...

Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz November 30, 2011 - 11:27pm

Thanks D.

Liana, I don't know. But I will probably find out during my research.

wickedvoodoo's picture
wickedvoodoo from Mansfield, England is reading stuff. December 1, 2011 - 8:33am

Cool. Chester is onboard too, huh?

Making very slow but steady progress on mine. As in a couple of hundred words. I'll get my ass in gear soon though I'm sure.

You guys have chosen some weird and wonderful maladies for sure. Going to be interesting to what kind of stories come from some of those.

aliensoul77's picture
aliensoul77 from a cold distant star is reading the writing on the wall. December 1, 2011 - 9:58am

I asked a published writer friend of mine if she would do a story or write the foreword for the book, I'm waiting to hear back, she actually just had a memoir published about living with OCD so she would be a good legit source to endorse this project.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest December 1, 2011 - 10:05am

@Alien: That'd be sweet.

@Chester: Welcome aboard, bud.

Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz December 1, 2011 - 10:18am

Thanks Mahn.

So who is editing this thing?

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading A truckload of books December 1, 2011 - 10:34am

Fuck, I don't know why I never opened this thread before now! Am I too late to get in? I would be really interested in writing on sociopathy/borderline personality disorder. It would be cool to look at it from a perspective other than the serial killers, whether they be Sons of Sams or Dexter Morgans.

Please say yes!

And I'd be more than happy to help with the grunt work once it's done.

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading A truckload of books December 1, 2011 - 10:35am

To add, I am confident I could get a first draft by Mid December-- is that what you meant or did you mean ready to go?

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest December 1, 2011 - 10:52am

@Renee: I think it's a first draft.

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading A truckload of books December 1, 2011 - 11:54am

I swear, I've seen this thread popping up all through November, but I was so busy I was mostly lurking here and didn't even open it...Alien--where y'at?

aliensoul77's picture
aliensoul77 from a cold distant star is reading the writing on the wall. December 1, 2011 - 1:20pm

@ Renee--You can totally write something for it!  I love sociopaths!  Submissions are open to everyone in the community.  Well, R.Moon was going to help me edit it but that's also why I'm having everyone put it through the writer's workshop first because then you get a chance to get feedback from everyone and work on all the nooks and crannies.

If Traci, my friend, does decide to write something I may have to change my disorder from OCD to something else.  I was thinking body dysmorphia.  I would like to write a story about a plastic surgery junky.

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading A truckload of books December 1, 2011 - 3:07pm

Great, I'll start playing around tonight!

(aside: "I love sociopaths!" made me giggle)

Utah's picture
Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry December 1, 2011 - 3:14pm

For what it's worth, my vote is for #2.  Because it bothers the hell out of me.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest December 1, 2011 - 3:17pm

@Alien: I'm still here for ya, bud.

Flaminia Ferina's picture
Flaminia Ferina from Umbria is reading stuff December 2, 2011 - 10:16am

my piece on DID is up for review. I'm having fun, hope you like it.

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading A truckload of books December 2, 2011 - 10:46am

Oh, I got excited yesterday and forgot to say that cover #1 is by far my favorite.

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch December 2, 2011 - 1:26pm

I will eventually give feedback to all submissions... If it's still wanted by the time I make the time.

.'s picture
. December 2, 2011 - 1:36pm

You can send me a card Alien, I like to collect internet cards from strangers. It gets me off.

I suppose I will outline my draft tonight since I'm falling really far behind.

Brian Ingham's picture
Brian Ingham from Stillwater Oklahoma is reading There is No Year by. Blake Butler December 6, 2011 - 5:30am

@Alien- I just became a member here and would love to somehow be involved. Are you still looking for people to join in? I can have a first draft of something done for you soon, just let me know some more info on what you're looking for and what disorders are still open for use.

.'s picture
. December 6, 2011 - 6:19am

I have to drop out of this. Sorry bud.

aliensoul77's picture
aliensoul77 from a cold distant star is reading the writing on the wall. December 6, 2011 - 8:35am

Okay, Dakota....I'm disappointed though.   ;(

@Brian--Sure, Brian, rough drafts are due on Dec. 15th.  Honestly, I'm not sure if people are still going to be able to make the deadline.  I understand the holidays are busy but you just have to say fuck family, jk.  There should be a master list earlier up in this thread with all the disorders already chosen.  I know Stockholm Syndrome just became available because someone told me they wanted to change.

.'s picture
. December 6, 2011 - 11:23am

Good luck with this! I want an autographed copy!

aliensoul77's picture
aliensoul77 from a cold distant star is reading the writing on the wall. December 6, 2011 - 2:01pm

You would have got one if you submitted something but now you get a box of poo.  jk.  Well, if you change your mind let me know.

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading A truckload of books December 6, 2011 - 4:46pm

I am making some headway on mine...hopefully I can get it into the workshop by week's end.

Raelyn's picture
Raelyn from California is reading The Liars' Club December 6, 2011 - 6:08pm

I started a rough draft but I'm not sure when I'll be able to put it up. I've been in and out of the hospital for the past few weeks and have two jobs. What's the deadline again?

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading A truckload of books December 6, 2011 - 6:20pm

Raelyn, I believe it is the 15th.

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch December 6, 2011 - 8:32pm

But shouldn't the deadline be extended? Or is there an external deadline? If there aren't too many submissions yet, maybe we could give ourselves till end of December for a first draft? Just a suggestion.

bryanhowie's picture
bryanhowie from FW, ID is reading East of Eden. Steinbeck is FUCKING AMAZING. December 6, 2011 - 9:08pm

The deadline is January 15th.  Not december.

aliensoul77's picture
aliensoul77 from a cold distant star is reading the writing on the wall. December 6, 2011 - 9:18pm

Well, I was asking people to show rough drafts soon but if you need until the end of December, that's fine.  I can change the deadine to Jan. 30th.  I just kind of wanted to see where everyone was on their stories even if you only have a piece of it done.  I just kind of wanted to read something to give me an idea of how you are doing.  I want to find the right tone for this anthology.  So throughout the rest of the month, just turn in your rough draft or post what you have so far and we'll say that most people should try to get their stories in by Jan. 15th but the final, final deadline is Jan. 30th when I will make all final decisions of the final 12 stories going in.

Hetch Litman's picture
Hetch Litman from Ojai, Ca. is reading Wise Blood by Flannery OConnor December 27, 2011 - 12:28am

ehrfürchtig!!

aliensoul77's picture
aliensoul77 from a cold distant star is reading the writing on the wall. December 27, 2011 - 12:31am

This is the old Psychosis thread and I don't speak german.  Blah ;p

Richard's picture
Richard from St. Louis is reading various anthologies January 3, 2012 - 9:11pm

i like the first one

Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz January 15, 2012 - 5:52pm

Trifecta.

aliensoul77's picture
aliensoul77 from a cold distant star is reading the writing on the wall. January 15, 2012 - 5:57pm

We can't dominate the boards man lol