Bekanator's picture
Bekanator from Kamloops, British Columbia is reading Ugly Girls by Lindsay Hunter June 6, 2012 - 2:53pm

At least it worked, right? I like short wedding dresses; you can use them for things other than your own wedding. Sleeves are also nice.

I also like the little beaded things on your bouquet.  I love trinkets.

My bouquet was a bunch of rolled up felt.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters June 6, 2012 - 3:16pm

I loved my wedding dress.  If I get remarried, I don't care what anyone says, I'm wearing the same dress.

Matt Attack's picture
Matt Attack from Richmond, Va. is reading As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner June 6, 2012 - 4:22pm

@AD you look purty. Yes, I complimented you. Don't let it go to your head.

@Renee- I don't think I have any pictures of my first wedding either. Can't say I'd want them if I had them. You look purty too.

@Becs, those look like real flowers. Neat. Did you make them?

I feel bad for not posting more pics. So here! I used to do artsy fartsy type photography. These are examples. Although these were taken with first generation digital, so they're kind of grainy. One got published. The cow one. These are all back in the Valley.

Bekanator's picture
Bekanator from Kamloops, British Columbia is reading Ugly Girls by Lindsay Hunter June 6, 2012 - 4:45pm

@Matt - I did!  Cut out the felt and rolled it and sewed it all together.  Took many a Top Gear episode to finish the whole damn thing.

Jack Campbell Jr.'s picture
Jack Campbell Jr. from Lawrence, KS is reading American Rust by Phillipp Meyer June 6, 2012 - 8:08pm

In Kansas, we have the world's deepest, hand-dug well and a Wizard of Oz museum in a town that had nothing to do with the movie. Beat that.

I'm actually from Iowa, but we didn't have much there either. There's Albert, the world's largest plaster bull. He has graffiti all over his nuts.

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading Wanderers by Chuck Wendig June 6, 2012 - 8:52pm

Bek--that's cool! My mom made mine. It was also supposed to have feathers in it, but we couldn't get it to look right :p

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading Wanderers by Chuck Wendig June 6, 2012 - 8:53pm

My Phone took the liberty of posting that before I got to tell Abery that I agree, your dress is awesome.

misskokamon's picture
misskokamon from San Francisco is reading The Moonlit Mind June 6, 2012 - 9:40pm

Oh wow, the wedding pictures are beautiful, you guys! One day I hope to grow up and also be married.

Here are some more pictures! I just received a nifty package in the mail.

It only LOOKS like a composition notebook. That's to fool people into thinking I'm cool.

It's really an iPad case.

Now I can do my art and writing stuff... IN STYLE. And by style, I mean in pink. I love the color pink.

underpurplemoon's picture
underpurplemoon from PDX June 6, 2012 - 10:55pm

Awesome.

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading Wanderers by Chuck Wendig June 7, 2012 - 12:42pm

That is pretty rad. If I ever take the plunge and get an iPad (you know, because a MacBook and an iPhone are so limiting without one...) I want a case like that!

Bekanator's picture
Bekanator from Kamloops, British Columbia is reading Ugly Girls by Lindsay Hunter June 7, 2012 - 7:37pm

Fuck, that stuff is rad.  We should do all-day thrift shopping!

Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz June 8, 2012 - 12:26am

Okay Rachel:

Romain, my almost twenty-year-old after Zombie camp Sunday:

Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz June 8, 2012 - 12:30am

I loved my wedding dress. I don't care what anyone says, if I get remarried I am wearing the same dress.

Make sure you have the Applebees stains removed first.

Matt Attack's picture
Matt Attack from Richmond, Va. is reading As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner June 8, 2012 - 4:43am

Rachel! Love it! Awesome shit. As I have gotten older, I have gotten cheaper. I think I may start yard saling.

@Pane that is creepy as shit. Good job.

Jack Campbell Jr.'s picture
Jack Campbell Jr. from Lawrence, KS is reading American Rust by Phillipp Meyer June 8, 2012 - 5:01am

Some people might call wearing a wedding dress twice bad luck. I call it good financial management.

I saw an iBook case that looks like an old book yesterday. I was suddenly jealous of Apple owners. I love old antique books.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters June 8, 2012 - 5:09am

"I call it good financial management."

Smart man.

GaryP's picture
GaryP from Denver is reading a bit of this and that June 8, 2012 - 7:06am

Okay, since "Like" seems too dainty for this site. I came up with some glyphs.

@Jack. For the iBook case:

@Chester. For your zombie son (is it your son?):

Here are a couple of others:

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters June 8, 2012 - 7:08am

I'd like one that says "terrified".  Because I think I'd use it a lot.

Matt Attack's picture
Matt Attack from Richmond, Va. is reading As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner June 8, 2012 - 7:29am

I like this one.

Jack Campbell Jr.'s picture
Jack Campbell Jr. from Lawrence, KS is reading American Rust by Phillipp Meyer June 8, 2012 - 7:41am

"But actually I hope to never remarry, and merely live in sin for the rest of my life."

Smart woman. On the other hand, that is what every divorced person I have ever known has said. Nearly all of them are re-married. One guy, four times.

GaryP's picture
GaryP from Denver is reading a bit of this and that June 8, 2012 - 7:46am

EDIT: More glyphs ... and not a response to Jack, though it kinda works.

OtisTheBulldog's picture
OtisTheBulldog from Somerville, MA is reading The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz June 8, 2012 - 7:47am

I like when people remarry many times over because in conversation they start off great sentences like, "Well, my 3rd wife used to......" and you just know that's going to be a good story.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters June 8, 2012 - 7:52am

Best part about not being married to someone - never cleaning up after them.

Jack Campbell Jr.'s picture
Jack Campbell Jr. from Lawrence, KS is reading American Rust by Phillipp Meyer June 8, 2012 - 9:41am

No, the best part is definitely not having to deal with their stupid friends. The cleaning thing evens out if it done correctly, but stupid friends are a constant.

Everyone has them. You just don't notice them as much if they are your own.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters June 8, 2012 - 9:45am

If done correctly, sure, but how often does that happen?  I'm sticking with not cleaning up after them.  To be fair, the stupid friend thing was never an issue for me.  I won't say why.

My new ideas about relationships are deranged.  I'm happy with them.

Jack Campbell Jr.'s picture
Jack Campbell Jr. from Lawrence, KS is reading American Rust by Phillipp Meyer June 8, 2012 - 9:56am

Yeah, the cleaning thing was never a problem for me, but there was always some friend in crisis. I would either sit there awkwardly, pretending I wasn't uncomfortable, or lock myself in the bathroom, sit on the edge of the tub and read.

Sometimes, if I saw her car there I would just drive by.

Everyone I've ever dated has had at least one friend like that.

I am generally pretty organized for a single male, and if I realize someone is cleaning for me, I get very antsy and have to get up and do it myself.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters June 8, 2012 - 10:04am

" sit on the edge of the tub and cry."

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading Wanderers by Chuck Wendig June 8, 2012 - 10:41am

My wedding dress from my first marriage was pretty beautiful. But after my ex's complete breakdown and morph into mega-asshole-face, it was much more satisfying to toss that thing into the dumpster outside my apartment than it would have been to keep it or sell it. Instrinsic value...oh yeah.

Bekanator's picture
Bekanator from Kamloops, British Columbia is reading Ugly Girls by Lindsay Hunter June 8, 2012 - 11:06am

You made me laugh, Renee.

Jack Campbell Jr.'s picture
Jack Campbell Jr. from Lawrence, KS is reading American Rust by Phillipp Meyer June 8, 2012 - 11:16am

I think my rented tux is a good metaphor for my marriage. At the time, it seemed perfect for me, but I'm glad someone else has to wear it now.

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading Wanderers by Chuck Wendig June 8, 2012 - 12:19pm

^^Hahahahahahahaha!

OtisTheBulldog's picture
OtisTheBulldog from Somerville, MA is reading The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz June 8, 2012 - 6:13pm

Well, as I have mentioned before - I was about to get married and we decided it wasn't the right move. So I have this pimp ass black suit from Hugo Boss (I didn't want to go tux, I wanted to go pimp ass black suit) just sitting in my closet. Nobody ever invites me or tells me about any black tie affairs. But still, the pimp ass black suit sits there waiting. It is better for a single man anyway. It would have been wasted on a wedding, looking all good in that pimp ass black suit.

Domonkoz's picture
Domonkoz is reading Independence Day, Richard Ford June 8, 2012 - 7:16pm

Self portrait, photograph edited with Psychopaint

Domonkoz's picture
Domonkoz is reading Independence Day, Richard Ford June 9, 2012 - 1:32am

Oh, nothing special, we mostly meander about in search of brains.  You know, that old chestnut.

Marius Hjelseth's picture
Marius Hjelseth from the frozen Norwegian tundra is reading Gomorrah June 9, 2012 - 5:26am

A snap-shot of the mountains above Oppdal, Norway, taken during a little hiking trip with my dog.

Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz June 9, 2012 - 7:21am

Gary, those glyphs are exponential.

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading Wanderers by Chuck Wendig June 9, 2012 - 11:34am

Just me. Killing time.

GaryP's picture
GaryP from Denver is reading a bit of this and that June 9, 2012 - 12:38pm

Ah, crap. Time is the name of your next-door neighbor, isn't it?

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading Wanderers by Chuck Wendig June 9, 2012 - 12:45pm

Rach--thanks. I've been using new skin care stuff, drinking more water, and keeping up on my sunscreen. My skin is very happy.

Laramore Black's picture
Laramore Black from Joplin, Missouri is reading Mario Kart 8 June 9, 2012 - 2:10pm

Now I'm pissed off and depressed, my wedding photos were great, just not the marriage.

Those glyphs are cool as all fuck though.

.'s picture
. June 9, 2012 - 4:57pm

Wow, Renee, yummy! *makes cookie monster noises*

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading Wanderers by Chuck Wendig June 9, 2012 - 5:30pm

Klitts--sounds like my first marriage.

Jacks--don't know whether to be flattered or creeped :P

.'s picture
. June 9, 2012 - 5:31pm

I was going for either.

ReneeAPickup's picture
Class Facilitator
ReneeAPickup from Southern California is reading Wanderers by Chuck Wendig June 9, 2012 - 5:33pm

Hahaha

Profunda Saint-Sylvain's picture
Profunda Saint-... from Calgary, AB is reading Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy Series June 10, 2012 - 12:20am

Marius, Norway is my favourite place to pretend I am. It's so pretty!! Can I come live with you? I don't eat much and I'm used to the cold...

Marius Hjelseth's picture
Marius Hjelseth from the frozen Norwegian tundra is reading Gomorrah June 10, 2012 - 1:04am

Of course you can, Profunda, come right over.

I don't have a guest room where I live right now, but I do have a sauna rebuilt into a washroom. Pretty tempting, huh?

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters June 10, 2012 - 6:15am

This is my finger.  Once we managed to get it out of the deck chair, I took a moment to walk away from everyone, you know, just to properly mourn the loss, because it had been a good finger.  And from behind me, I hear, "Jessica's having a little come apart now."  And had I been able to speak...

Luckily, I didn't lose the finger.

GaryP's picture
GaryP from Denver is reading a bit of this and that June 10, 2012 - 6:22am

Paris is my favorite place to pretend to be. I love urban (so much more than "nature"). I would gladly rapturously (enjoyably even) walk the streets of a city before walking a trail somewhere. The first time I saw Paris from the window of a taxi on my way in from the airport, I was in love.

GaryP's picture
GaryP from Denver is reading a bit of this and that June 10, 2012 - 6:26am

@AD:

Too bad it wasn't your middle finger so you could have flipped them off in style.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters June 10, 2012 - 10:26am

Well, once the swelling started, people were nicer about it.  Other than that - great Saturday afternoon.