Nathan Ostertag's picture
Nathan Ostertag from Arizona February 26, 2016 - 2:23pm

Hey all,

I just recently joined the site, and I was wondering if any of you have ever come across a Hell's Half Acre 1st/1st (Will Christopher Baer)? I have signed 1st/1st Kiss Me, Judas and Penny Dreadful, but I cannot find a Hell's Half Acre! I have scoured every website I know to look, and nothing. I would definitely be enthralled with a signed copy, but I would be happy just to find one at all!

Does anyone know where to find a copy? Or has seen one before? My collection is rather small, and I would definitely appreciate any insight you all can bring.

Gordon Highland's picture
Gordon Highland from Kansas City is reading Secondhand Souls by Christopher Moore March 7, 2016 - 12:57pm

I think HHA was first published by MacAdam/Cage, right? The other two were originally from Viking, and then M/C released hardcover versions of those two around the same time as the first of HHA, all in the same style. At least that's what I thought. I have the M/C first-edition hardcover (along with the other two), given to me as a gift from Richard Thomas for doing audio production on the limited edition of his first novel. I also have first-edition hardcovers of both Vikings and the paperback omnibus (which I've worn the hell out of). I don't want to part with any of them, just saying I've seen and own them.

Thuggish's picture
Thuggish from Vegas is reading Day of the Jackal May 29, 2016 - 5:34am

Can someone kill this bitch?

Brandon's picture
Brandon from KCMO is reading Made to Break May 29, 2016 - 7:32am

I've gotten no less than six private messages from this fucking thing.

Joshua Chaplinsky's picture
Joshua Chaplinsky from New York is reading Stories of YOUR Life May 29, 2016 - 7:44am

Haha, me too, which led me here. I've killed the account. Now Thuggish looks like he is raging against mystery bitches.

Brandon's picture
Brandon from KCMO is reading Made to Break May 29, 2016 - 11:43am

Did the account also want to meet up with you in London for discreet sex? If so, I have a real problem with that. I don't condone double-booking.

Nathan Ostertag's picture
Nathan Ostertag from Arizona May 29, 2016 - 5:45pm

Just deleted two out of my inbox myself.

(In regards to my original post, I found the book.)

Thuggish's picture
Thuggish from Vegas is reading Day of the Jackal May 29, 2016 - 10:32pm

Huh. I got no more than ZERO PMs from the thing for discreet sex. ... #choppedliver

Max's picture
Max from Texas is reading goosebumps June 1, 2016 - 11:53pm

I thought maybe Thuggish was talking about Nathan, and oh man, I'm still laughing.

Nathan Ostertag's picture
Nathan Ostertag from Arizona June 2, 2016 - 3:04pm

It definitely looks that way now that the spam comment is deleted. Lol

Pete's picture
Pete from Detroit is reading Red Dragon June 4, 2016 - 1:00pm

I too keep getting the emails from somebody wanting to meet up in London...

Also - I'm pretty sure I have a 1st/1st of Hell's Half Acre. I wouldn't part with it for anything though. Sorry.

L.W. Flouisa's picture
L.W. Flouisa from Tennessee is reading More Murakami June 4, 2016 - 3:25pm

Yea I got six of them as well. The skill used to make those could be used to make peoples lives easier. Like sentient laundrymats.

Dmcleod's picture
Dmcleod from Florida is reading Molloy June 8, 2016 - 4:38pm

I have a signed MacAdam/Cage hardcover. PM me.