jyh's picture
jyh from VA is reading whatever he feels like March 26, 2013 - 11:20pm

even you

Renfield's picture
Renfield from Hell is reading 20th Century Ghosts March 27, 2013 - 12:15am

Finally!

big_old_dave's picture
big_old_dave from Watford, about 20 miles outside London, Uk March 27, 2013 - 1:49am

Really? Bugger, and there was me looking forward to watching the new game of thrones season and everything.

MattF's picture
MattF from Tokyo is reading Borges' Collected Fictions March 27, 2013 - 1:50am

Ja, Herr Friedrich, you have told this world before, still no one believes you.

For your troubles, I shall send a horse...

jyh's picture
jyh from VA is reading whatever he feels like March 27, 2013 - 6:36am

You guys like how I used lower-case e's?

jyh's picture
jyh from VA is reading whatever he feels like March 27, 2013 - 6:37am

You guys like how I used lower-case ees?

Tim Johnson's picture
Tim Johnson from Rockville, MD is reading Notes From a Necrophobe by T.C. Armstrong March 27, 2013 - 6:58am

Is this, like, we're all actually dead and in the afterlife right now and just don't know it? Or is it "we're all dead" in the Sylvia Plath sense that our deaths are inevitable, so we're already dead in a figurative sense? Or is this like a physics thing where time is a volume, not a continuum, and even though we percieve time that way, somewhere in that volume, we're dead?

So many questions.

Jonathan Riley's picture
Jonathan Riley from Memphis, Tennessee is reading Flashover by Gordon Highland March 27, 2013 - 7:05am

Hell's alot like earth.

jyh's picture
jyh from VA is reading whatever he feels like March 27, 2013 - 7:06am

It's like Schrodinger, dude. Matter+energy=dead.

SRead's picture
SRead from Colorado is reading Stories March 27, 2013 - 8:16am

That explains so much.

Wonder Woman's picture
Wonder Woman from RI is reading 20th Century Ghosts March 27, 2013 - 9:04am

I'LL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!
I'LL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch March 27, 2013 - 10:46am

I thought Tomorrowhill was still standing.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 10:44am

Schrodinger's cat was an example of why real objects can not be in a state of quantum flux.

Michael.Eric.Snyder's picture
Michael.Eric.Snyder March 28, 2013 - 10:53am

Does anyone know why Schrodinger used a cat as an example, as opposed to a dog or a fruitfly? And what influence might his choice have had on cat-owner culture in America? I might have a vested interest in the answer to this question, being a cat owner, and every box I put her in she comes out alive, so far,  and is this thought experiment a complete failure, seeing as how no human could put a cat, dead or alive, in a box without seeing it put there in the first place? Or let's say a robot places a box over the cat with no human eyes to watch it happen, at some point the cat was visible by human eyes, negating the possibility that, quantamly speaking, since in this reality the animal had been registered as living and breathing, it could have been anything else but alive in the box?

jyh's picture
jyh from VA is reading whatever he feels like March 28, 2013 - 11:07am

If a robot puts a cat in a box while no one is watching, do trees have feelings?

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 11:08am

This has to be one of the coolest threads ever, and I mean that sincerely.

Especially Tim's and Michael's posts. I love these types of conundrums.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated March 28, 2013 - 1:32pm

@J.Y. - Define 'feelings'.

Covewriter's picture
Covewriter from Nashville, Tennessee is reading & Sons March 28, 2013 - 1:39pm

What do we say when Avery asks if we are alive?

drea's picture
drea from Rural Alberta, Canada is reading between the lines March 28, 2013 - 2:36pm

A part of me died this week for real.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 2:44pm

Cove, very good question!

Drea, if that wasn't intended to refer to the skin cells and all other biological bits that die all the time, then I am truly distressed for you. That is never a good thing.  :(

Michael.Eric.Snyder's picture
Michael.Eric.Snyder March 28, 2013 - 3:54pm

Thanks Strange that's very kind of you. My favorite parts of that post and the one in the other thread about bonsai(s) are all the commas. Is bonsai the plural of bonsai? I refuse to cheat by looking in the dictionary. Why, when I type bonsai, do I think Zamboni?

J.Y., don't you hear the shrieking trees? Of course they have feelings. They shriek... and they shriek... and they shriek....

I have a hard time stepping on grass.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 4:00pm

This thread has the same feel as Jack Handy's Deep Thoughts.

jyh's picture
jyh from VA is reading whatever he feels like March 28, 2013 - 4:10pm

If trees have feelings, is it okay to compare apples to oranges?

Michael.Eric.Snyder's picture
Michael.Eric.Snyder March 28, 2013 - 4:13pm

I love Jack Handy's deep thoughts on apples and oranges.

Amazing how it all comes full circle.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 4:14pm

If a bear shits in the woods does it use a fluffy white rabbit to wipe its ass? Or does it use Charmin like those commercials lead us to believe?

Michael.Eric.Snyder's picture
Michael.Eric.Snyder March 28, 2013 - 4:20pm

Why not enjoy the go?

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest March 28, 2013 - 4:25pm

Why not enjoy the go?

- This gave me a chuckle.

Strange Photon's picture
Strange Photon from Fort Wayne, IN is reading Laurie Anderson lyrics March 28, 2013 - 6:21pm

Had to come back just to share what the little lady pointed out when we were discussing this thread.

Ok, now we can all go to bed.