Sound's picture
Sound from Azusa, CA is reading Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt August 14, 2012 - 8:59pm

I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, there is no other project I am more excited about than the Dark Tower series FINALLY being made into a movie. And a TV series to boot! After a few pitfalls, such as Universal Studios passing on it, and Warner Studios putting the project on hold, it looks like it may just happen.

So, thoughts on cast choices....?

Who's the perfect Eddie? Susannah? Jake? Roland?

And what are your thoughts on rumors about Russell Crowe as Roland? Is he a better choice than Javier Bardem?

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters August 15, 2012 - 7:53am

Russell Crowe is better than Bardem in my opinion.

I am still not holding my breath for this to a) happen or b) not suck.

Sound's picture
Sound from Azusa, CA is reading Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt August 15, 2012 - 9:18am

I admit King movies don't have a great track record, but I'm optimistic.

I don't know...Crowe is a good actor, but I dont' see him nailing the Roland persona. Bardem is a more interesting choice, in my opinion, but with Crowe I think you more or less know what you're going to get, while Bardem has a wider range to draw from...

I wish we had a time machine and got Clint Eastwood from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

.'s picture
. August 15, 2012 - 3:50pm

Eddie: Ewan Mcgregor

Roland: Anson Mount

James McArthur's picture
James McArthur from Potato is reading a book August 15, 2012 - 7:57pm

I really need to get around to reading that series.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated August 15, 2012 - 9:39pm

Eddie - Araron Paul, or if the budget gets tight, Lane Garrison.

.'s picture
. August 16, 2012 - 8:08am

I'd love to see Aaron Paul do the role of Eddie. Good choice.

Randall Flagg - Tobin Bell

Sound's picture
Sound from Azusa, CA is reading Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt August 16, 2012 - 8:14am

I have no idea who all these actors are..I had to look up Anson Mount. He looks like he could be a good Roland, but not sure how his acting chops are.

Shawn I.'s picture
Shawn I. from New York is reading Important Things That Don't Matter August 17, 2012 - 7:17am

Some discussion was started here http://litreactor.com/news/from-page-to-screen-galactus-the-great-gatsby-and-the-gunslinger.

I had to google some of the names mentioned here. Aaron Paul totally has the look of how I imagined Eddie.

I don't like either Crowe or Bardem for Roland.

I agree with Sound about Anson Mount.

About how old was Susannah in the novels? I think the actresses I have in mind may be a little too old.

Don't remember Jake's age either. Max Records comes to mind as a possibility. He was in Where The Wild Things Are. Or Jared Gilmore.

Anxin San's picture
Anxin San August 18, 2012 - 1:04am

oh, I had no idea there was a movie/series project for the series. Now I really want to see it :)

Scott MacDonald's picture
Scott MacDonald from UK is reading Perfidia August 18, 2012 - 2:19am

I'd still go for Mads Mikkelsen for Roland.  I always pictured Roland as a bit battle-worn, withdrawn and cold, and I could totally see Mads managing this - picture a slightly cleaned up Valhalla Rising Mads (with both eyes functioning), not Casino Royale Mads.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated August 18, 2012 - 5:42am
Fritz's picture
Fritz August 19, 2012 - 1:16pm

@ scott - you're picturing a, 'King Arthur' Mads - which rocks all kinds of ass.

never forget the line.

'How do you don that?'

'I aim for the middle'

I agree in the Mads  - he's got the foreign edge that carried arnold in the early 80s for his conan movies...

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters August 24, 2012 - 7:00am
Sound's picture
Sound from Azusa, CA is reading Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt August 24, 2012 - 8:02am
Frank Chapel's picture
Frank Chapel from California is reading Thomas Ligotti's works September 27, 2012 - 9:23pm

I vote for a sock-puppet version we can produce and perform ourselves. We'll post it on you-tube and all the proceeds will go to "The Children".

I'd rather see it as a television series than a movie, and i think Mads is a grand choice.

JEFFREY GRANT BARR's picture
JEFFREY GRANT BARR from Central OR is reading Nothing but fucking Shakespeare, for the rest of my life October 1, 2012 - 12:27am

Attention from society vultures eager to find the next-best-thing. And while Montreal boasts its fair divide of museums, theatres and celebrated dance acts, fuckyoufuckoufuckyoufuckyou is questionably the citys rich, eclectic fuckbonk cockwink club-bitch cunthole hoard maven Kelly Cutrone.

I like America's Next Top Model. WHY DON'T YOU?

Boone Spaulding's picture
Boone Spaulding from Coldwater, Michigan, U.S.A. is reading Solarcide Presents: Nova Parade October 1, 2012 - 8:00am

Roland: Josh Holloway (LOST - mean Sawyer is Roland...)

Eddie: Aaron Paul

Sound's picture
Sound from Azusa, CA is reading Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt October 13, 2012 - 8:04am

Aaron Paul comes out to say he wants to play Eddie Dean. I'd say he's a great choice.

Too bad it still looks like it's not happening

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated October 13, 2012 - 4:36pm

I called it!