avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters December 4, 2011 - 3:42pm

So...who is next?

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch December 4, 2011 - 9:18pm

My second draft is up. I know Chester is almost done. Hey, I've never been subject of a poll before, this will be fun!

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest December 4, 2011 - 9:33pm

Sweet... Looking forward to seeing the revisions.

Dave Hanson's picture
Dave Hanson from Connecticut is reading Incredibly pulpy fantasy and sci-fi December 6, 2011 - 6:49am

Hey Everyone, Poll is up and live for Liana vs Chester.

cowboywerewolf's picture
cowboywerewolf from DC is reading Homage to Catalonia December 6, 2011 - 9:15pm

Fuck it. Lets do this thing.

I challenge thee.

Any takers?

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest December 6, 2011 - 9:18pm

The Cowboy finally shows up... Where the fuck ya been, man? I'd accept, but my novel is spinning my yarns in my head and I can't think of anything else.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest December 6, 2011 - 9:19pm

David, your pic looks like the lead singer of Blue October pulled a trigger in his mouth. It just came to me now.

cowboywerewolf's picture
cowboywerewolf from DC is reading Homage to Catalonia December 6, 2011 - 9:40pm

That's too bad Rian. I think you and me throwing down would have been a lot of fun.

Get you on the next one maybe.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest December 6, 2011 - 9:41pm

Yeah, next round. Sorry, bud. Shit's fun, though. Me and Instag8r had a lot of fun. Ended in a tie. Both getting books.

Dave Hanson's picture
Dave Hanson from Connecticut is reading Incredibly pulpy fantasy and sci-fi December 7, 2011 - 6:43am

@Rian, that was a picture of my halloween costume from two or three years ago. I stayed in character and blacked out.

@Cowboy, I challenge thee! Just need a prompt now.

aliensoul77's picture
aliensoul77 from a cold distant star is reading the writing on the wall. December 7, 2011 - 7:14am

Can I pick the prompt?

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters December 7, 2011 - 8:10am

Alien - how did I know you would pick a sex prompt?

cowboywerewolf's picture
cowboywerewolf from DC is reading Homage to Catalonia December 7, 2011 - 8:31am

It's on. Let me know when the prompt is official.

Dave Hanson's picture
Dave Hanson from Connecticut is reading Incredibly pulpy fantasy and sci-fi December 7, 2011 - 9:19am

Prompt is official. See you in a week cowboy.

cowboywerewolf's picture
cowboywerewolf from DC is reading Homage to Catalonia December 7, 2011 - 9:22am

Is it Aliensoul77's prompt?

cowboywerewolf's picture
cowboywerewolf from DC is reading Homage to Catalonia December 7, 2011 - 9:57am

also, how thinly is it generally allowed to stretch the prompt? I've got an idea that could almost kinda sorta fit into that.

Also, this is my first one and I haven't been paying as much attention to the rules... what are the stakes?

aliensoul77's picture
aliensoul77 from a cold distant star is reading the writing on the wall. December 7, 2011 - 10:06am

Fine, it could be a regular club if you want.

Dave Hanson's picture
Dave Hanson from Connecticut is reading Incredibly pulpy fantasy and sci-fi December 7, 2011 - 10:17am

We stretch rules all the time. Bragging rights or books for stakes, your choice. Don't matter to me.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters December 7, 2011 - 10:19am

David, have you actually gotten to have a poll for yourself yet?  Did I miss it?

cowboywerewolf's picture
cowboywerewolf from DC is reading Homage to Catalonia December 7, 2011 - 11:35am

@aliensoul77  heh... actually, the sex part is the part I'm keeping. It's more the "ex" that was giving me trouble.

@David Hanson  How about this for stakes... not just bragging rights, but the loser has to dedicate their next, non-thunderdome piece to the winner, in the Authors agenda?

Dave Hanson's picture
Dave Hanson from Connecticut is reading Incredibly pulpy fantasy and sci-fi December 7, 2011 - 11:45am

@cowboy, Nice. I like it. In.

Dave Hanson's picture
Dave Hanson from Connecticut is reading Incredibly pulpy fantasy and sci-fi December 7, 2011 - 11:47am

@averydoll, no one that I've been in a battle with has gone all the way with both drafts. So I guess I'm 2-0 by virtue of my opponents not showing up.

cowboywerewolf's picture
cowboywerewolf from DC is reading Homage to Catalonia December 7, 2011 - 11:50am

@David Hanson You don't have to worry about that from me. I'm in this thing for the long haul.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest December 7, 2011 - 12:06pm

I think David deserves a book. The guy's been challenged twice and both times his challenger fell off the face of the earth. What the hell? But, I think this one's gonna be real, real good. Looking forward to both of your stories. Good luck, guys!

Dave Hanson's picture
Dave Hanson from Connecticut is reading Incredibly pulpy fantasy and sci-fi December 7, 2011 - 1:03pm

I'm sharpening the nails on my typing fingers as we speak.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters December 7, 2011 - 1:22pm

Yes, David does deserve a book.  Rian - you go ahead and make that happen, mm kay?

Renfield's picture
Renfield from Hell is reading 20th Century Ghosts December 7, 2011 - 4:32pm

Now that I've got an eensy bit of writing time back I'd like to challenge someone. And have rematch with David, next time he's free. But until then, who wants to pick up that gauntlet? TREMBLE IN YOUR BOOTIES YOU JERKS.

.'s picture
. December 7, 2011 - 5:29pm

Renny I challenge thee!!!

.'s picture
. December 7, 2011 - 5:29pm

I can't resist shiny things...

Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz December 7, 2011 - 5:36pm

I just voted for Liana and it is tied up.

Liana vs. Chester

Someone get in there and break those two up so someone gets hurt!

Liana's picture
Liana from Romania and Texas is reading Naked Lunch December 7, 2011 - 7:03pm

Haha Chester this is too cute... I voted for you too!

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest December 7, 2011 - 7:12pm

Okay Jack and Renfield, here's your prompt: He taped a key to the back of each hand, filled his pockets with ash and placed a penny under his tongue.

Do what you please with it. Have fun.

R.Moon's picture

Has anyone given David and Cowboy a prompt?

cowboywerewolf's picture
cowboywerewolf from DC is reading Homage to Catalonia December 7, 2011 - 7:17pm

@R.Moon: aliensoul77 gave us one: "How about a guy goes to a sex club with his friends like an S&M place and sees his ex-girlfriend there...go!"

I'm gonna be bending that pretty far, but hopefully will be able to keep the spirit of the thing.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest December 7, 2011 - 7:19pm

Oh yeah, I saw that. Alien and his sex... LOL!

Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz December 7, 2011 - 7:23pm

Danny needs to get laid.

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest December 7, 2011 - 7:26pm

I agree. We should start a Litreactor foundation.  The Save Danny's Penis Foundation. We could write stories and any proceeds from the publications goes to buying him a hooker of his choice.

Alien: Any thoughts on this? :D

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters December 7, 2011 - 7:28pm

Please, he's probably getting more than any of us.

.'s picture
. December 7, 2011 - 7:38pm

He was a phone sex operator after all, so you know he can talk the clothes off anyone.

Dave Hanson's picture
Dave Hanson from Connecticut is reading Incredibly pulpy fantasy and sci-fi December 7, 2011 - 7:39pm

...I beg to differ.

.'s picture
. December 7, 2011 - 7:48pm

Thats a chop

R.Moon's picture
R.Moon from The City of Champions is reading The Last Thing He Wanted by Joan Didion; Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schimdt PH.D; Creating Characters by the editors of Writer's Digest December 7, 2011 - 7:53pm

Yeah, but people call those lines wanting their clothes to come off. I'd be impressed if the clothes came off without the motivation.

Please, he's probably getting more than any of us.

- You're probably right.

Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz December 7, 2011 - 11:26pm

That's why I said it, cuz I'm jealous.

aliensoul77's picture
aliensoul77 from a cold distant star is reading the writing on the wall. December 8, 2011 - 2:33am

Actually I'm trying to be celebate because I'm a sex addict.  Well, I'm trying to stick to sex with only my wife right now.  Wow, that sounds really bad.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters December 8, 2011 - 5:04am

Yes.  Yes it does.

Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz December 11, 2011 - 2:41pm

Bad but true. That is essentially one of the biggest challenges of any spouse irregardless of pegs or holes.

cowboywerewolf's picture
cowboywerewolf from DC is reading Homage to Catalonia December 11, 2011 - 5:11pm

aww... dude... you didn't just use the word "irregardless" on a writing site did you? for SHAME

Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz December 11, 2011 - 7:36pm

I like it. I love paradox.

I can't not like it.

Dave Hanson's picture
Dave Hanson from Connecticut is reading Incredibly pulpy fantasy and sci-fi December 12, 2011 - 2:35pm
Chester Pane's picture
Chester Pane from Portland, Oregon is reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz December 12, 2011 - 3:19pm

Yum. That's in NC huh? Irregardless I can't not like it.