avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 6, 2012 - 8:10am

Once I was with a friend and she bought $2 worth of gas.  I told her it was really white trash of her.  She found that offensive.

.'s picture
. February 6, 2012 - 8:17am

I can't blame her. Even I forget where I'm from sometimes until somebody brings my accent up in conversation. Pssh yanks.

So SGJ 'liked' my facebook status. Life=Complete. :D

Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 6, 2012 - 8:21am

I once bought $.87 worth of gas because that was all I could find in my floorboards.  One of those moments that makes me not nostalgic about college.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 6, 2012 - 8:33am

I hate thinking about the stuff I did for fun when I was in college.  Because it never sounds like fun.  It generally sounds stupid.

Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 6, 2012 - 8:47am

Drinking til I have to crawl on the floor to get places seems less and less awesome as the days go by.

.'s picture
. February 6, 2012 - 8:49am

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're going to feel all day.

-Dean Martin

Jose F. Diaz's picture
Jose F. Diaz from Boston is reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel February 6, 2012 - 8:51am

Really wierd, but I don't really enjoy the thought of even drinking, but that is the only way I hang out with my friends. It's a sad sad life.

Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 6, 2012 - 8:58am

That's weird.  Because I constantly enjoy the thought of drinking.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 6, 2012 - 9:02am

I like the thought of drinking.  I enjoy the thought of being drunk.  Actually drinking is grand.  Being drunk is another story.  I have to ask myself, why do I want to throw up, say stupid things, and have a headache in the morning on purpose?  For fun?  I can do those things without drinking.

Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 6, 2012 - 9:04am

Then drink to make those things worthwhile!  I woke up the other morning with a headache, all grouchy and a bit dizzy, and I thought, "Well, I really blew an opportunity to get wasted last night, because I'd feel exactly the same as now but have made some grand memories for other peole to enjoy on Youtube."

.'s picture
. February 6, 2012 - 1:11pm

I tend to drunk call people at 3 in the morning when they have to work. It is quite fun...until morning.

Dwayne's picture
Dwayne from Cincinnati, Ohio (suburbs) is reading books that rotate to often to keep this updated February 6, 2012 - 1:12pm

I don't get hangovers, but I still hardly ever drink.

Nick Wilczynski's picture
Nick Wilczynski from Greensboro, NC is reading A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin February 6, 2012 - 1:33pm

I used to not get hangovers, but I'm not 16 anymore.

I went through a drunk dialing phase, I used to call my siblings, it was a strange time. I haven't drunk dialed anyone since the last time I drunk dialed my ex, and that didn't end well.

Drinking is fun! Just don't do it all the time. I'm almost... relaxed... sometimes when I drink. It doesn't happen all the time, and it's too weird for words. Unless I drink Tequila. When I drink tequila I go through a gamut of emotions rising to a panic attack and then I start to cry for no reason in the middle of the bar and it is even weirder. So, in short, when I drink I go all out and so... I don't drink all the time. It puts your guard down, I can't handle it.

American Pickers is doing work in Kentucky, made me think of you guys. Probably the best non-history show on the History Channel.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 6, 2012 - 1:35pm

I HATE AMERICAN PICKERS!

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!

Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 6, 2012 - 1:36pm

Wow.

Jose F. Diaz's picture
Jose F. Diaz from Boston is reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel February 6, 2012 - 1:38pm

Tell us how you really feel.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 6, 2012 - 1:38pm

Sorry.

I just...hate it sooooo much!

Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 6, 2012 - 1:40pm

I don't even know what that is.  Is it a show about Newt Gingrich?  B/c I know you loves you some Newt.

Jose F. Diaz's picture
Jose F. Diaz from Boston is reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel February 6, 2012 - 1:43pm

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You are never to apologize. Anyone one here who doesn't check their emotions at the door needs to take a nice long drink of suck-it-the-F-up.

I believe we are intelligent enough to kow if someone is being spiteful and mean or just blowing off steam and using our God given right to write trashy romance novels.

No offense to those who write trashy romance novels. I hear you guys make good money.

Nick Wilczynski's picture
Nick Wilczynski from Greensboro, NC is reading A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin February 6, 2012 - 1:43pm

Why? It's like Pawn Stars except it doesn't suck. They drive around, they find cool stuff in busted ass sheds across america.

Nick Wilczynski's picture
Nick Wilczynski from Greensboro, NC is reading A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin February 6, 2012 - 1:44pm

Also, there's this chick with leopard spots tatood across her chest. She's like, a 6 tops, but the leopard spots probably bump her to an 8.

Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 6, 2012 - 1:45pm

Frame control.  Nice.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 6, 2012 - 1:49pm

@jfdiaz - I have no idea what you are talking about.  Mostly ever.  But here specifically.

@everyone else - Because those guys are relly annoying.  When the skinny one laughs I want to kill him. And they think they are so clever.  I just hate them.  Okay?  I just do.

At least a show about Newt I could be rightfully angry.  This is purely irrational.

Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 6, 2012 - 1:51pm

Nay.  It would be purely irrational to be angry at a show about Newt.  Hippie.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 6, 2012 - 1:54pm

Don't make me go into my Gingrich rant for all the world to see.  Because I will.  And I'm not a hippie.  I just recognize dick-ish behavior and bull shit when I see it.

Jose F. Diaz's picture
Jose F. Diaz from Boston is reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel February 6, 2012 - 1:56pm

I have failed at a writer yet again. *sigh*

.'s picture
. February 6, 2012 - 2:00pm

Bobby Darin. Well I want to be him. Ahem, I mean like him.

Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 6, 2012 - 2:00pm

Rant away.  I'll go take a nap, smug in my conservative superiority.

Typewriter Demigod's picture
Typewriter Demigod from London is reading "White Noise" by DeLilo, "Moby-Dick" by Hermann Mellivile and "Uylsses" by Joyce February 6, 2012 - 2:01pm

Why does this thread dissolve into you guys talking about how fucking drunk you got in college?

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 6, 2012 - 2:01pm

The problem with conservatives is...they are rarely homeless.

.'s picture
. February 6, 2012 - 2:03pm

Liberals and conservatives are both money hungry. Problem is, the libs want to throw the money at other people for them to blow.

Ha this is the party thread dude. I'm already drinking just talking about it.

Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 6, 2012 - 2:05pm

Typewriter:  what are you talking about?  We haven't talked about drinking in, like 30 posts.  I think what's happened is you have a really cool drinking story you want to tell, but you see we've gotten off that topic and are now talking about how Avery is a hippie.  So you're trying to steer us back to a place where your story will fit.  Well fear not!  Just tell your story about that time when that one thing happened and we'll all read it!  Cheers.

Typewriter Demigod's picture
Typewriter Demigod from London is reading "White Noise" by DeLilo, "Moby-Dick" by Hermann Mellivile and "Uylsses" by Joyce February 6, 2012 - 2:05pm

RAGE AGAINST THE BATTLE FOR THE LAST POST CLONES.

Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 6, 2012 - 2:07pm

I win.  Have I won?  Right.  I win.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 6, 2012 - 2:07pm

The problem with corporations is, they are people.  And Mitt Romney is a serial killer.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 6, 2012 - 2:08pm

No, I won.

Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 6, 2012 - 2:10pm

You shouldn't be mean to Mitt.  He's the only guy in the Repub talent pool that can wear a suit half as well as the president.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 6, 2012 - 2:12pm

I don't have to be nice to people just because they can wear a suit.

Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 6, 2012 - 2:13pm

You are a very negative person.

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 6, 2012 - 2:14pm

Maybe me and Newt are not so different after all?

Jose F. Diaz's picture
Jose F. Diaz from Boston is reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel February 6, 2012 - 2:15pm

What about a uniform. Do you have to be nice to them?

Answer: Wait for it.....wait....for....it.....No!

.'s picture
. February 6, 2012 - 2:17pm

Avery for President! 2012!

avery of the dead's picture
avery of the dead from Kentucky is reading Cipher Sisters February 6, 2012 - 2:17pm

I do have a rule about active military.  I will not argue politics with them.  One way or the other, they have perspectives I simply do not have and I refuse to go there.  Even if they are very wrong.

Jose F. Diaz's picture
Jose F. Diaz from Boston is reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel February 6, 2012 - 2:23pm

It is difficult arguing with us. We are some stubborn bastards who feel entitled to argue about politics and everything else that is going on with this country even though I barely passed high school.

Nick Wilczynski's picture
Nick Wilczynski from Greensboro, NC is reading A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin February 6, 2012 - 2:24pm

I've seen guys get completely brainwashed by the army, there are occassions when it can lead to, not just political, but total worldview and social shifts that I at least percieved as negative.

But I've also known members of the armed forces who were intelligent and thought for themselves. I love talking politics with people who think for themselves no matter what they believe.

I'm going to get in trouble but, Free Bradley Manning.

Jose F. Diaz's picture
Jose F. Diaz from Boston is reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel February 6, 2012 - 2:29pm

I think those discussions should be for a different forum. Just to keep those who want to stay away from the impact have a safe haven.

Nick Wilczynski's picture
Nick Wilczynski from Greensboro, NC is reading A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin February 6, 2012 - 2:40pm

Yeah, it's not a discussion worth having. Like I said, I shouldn't have even brought it up.

But Avery seemed to think that everyone in the military thinks a certain way, and that guy does serve as a pretty pointed example that your job does not dictate your politics.

Moderator
Utah from Fort Worth, TX is reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry February 6, 2012 - 2:40pm

I don't care about the discussion.  I just want to be the last post.

Moderator

^^--see that?  I'm willing to do that.  To win this battle.