1. Write & Submit
Write a story by February 28, 2013 that meets the following criteria
- Must be a science-fiction story
- Must explore a utopian/dystopian theme
- Must feature a technology that's scientifically plausible
- Must feature a non-human character (what is a non-human? you tell us!)
- Must be more than 1,500 words but less than 4,000 words
Sorry, this event is not currently accepting new entries. Check back for future events!
2. Read & Rate
Once you have submitted your story, the real fun begins!
- Read stories that have been submitted by other members
- Rate the stories you do and don’t like
- Provide and receive feedback for your fellow writers
- Meet other up-and-coming writers
3. Fun Will Be Had!
Though writing should be all the incentive you need, there is more!
- We will be offering up a variety of unannouced awards. Why unannouced? Because we want this to be about fun first. All submissions can qualify, not just the best rated ones.
- Top-rated stories will be selected for critiques by authors like Chuck Wendig, Adam Christopher, Joseph Nassise and Kat Howard. Also, prizes!
- Challenge yourself to come out with a polished, short story.
- Stretch your writing and critical muscles to the limit!